Ketone meters

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Michae_M
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Ketone meters

Post by Michae_M »

I think you can buy the devise for a one time cost of $249 with lifetime use of the app (here is where the value is) or get the devise with 6 months or a year of access for $90 or $120. There does not seem to be a per test cost. This is a HUGE cost saving and increased functionality over other offerings. It is a very good deal now if I understand it.

Questions would be what happens if the devise fails and what is the duty life of the product.

And yes...the Pete Attia podcasts are golden for those of us interested in APOE4.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

cdamaden wrote:
Michae_M wrote:Here is a new device on the market. Just heard about the "Keyto" breath analyzer with associated app. I think this will be a leap forward.
I heard the podcast with the inventor and Dr. Peter Attia. Looked it up and saw it was a whole program, and couldn’t figure out if u need to buy refills or other supplies or is it just diet material that makes it monthly. Has anyone sorted that out?
Doesn't look like it requires consumables (but from Michae_M's post, the app may require an ongoing fee, unless you pay for unlimited access). It appears to be a step forward from the likes of the Ketonix, in that the sensor only reads acetone. The Ketonix will also spike on methane, which can be from gut bugs eating resistant carbs & also ethanol (alcohol).

Other than that, they seem to report on a 1:10 scale rather than in PPM, which the Ketonix does. Not sure that is a huge advantage.

As acetone tends to be more "real time" than serum BHB, the acetone tools can be used to figure out what different foods do to your ketone levels fairly quickly. This is why the Ketonix inventor created it, to better handle his seizures. A brain cancer survivor used it for the same reason as she wants a glucose/ketone index <1 (both measured in mmol/L - can convert glucose in mg/dL to mmol/L by dividing by 18).
Tincup
E3,E4
thjj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thjj »

Tincup mentioned that the Keto Mojo founder mortgaged his house to lower the price of his meters. Sold!:-[]
· • She/her · • ·
ApoE4/4 status known: 2018 | Born: 1969 | Cognitive Impairment: none
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

thjj wrote:Tincup mentioned that the Keto Mojo founder mortgaged his house to lower the price of his meters. Sold!:-[]
I've talked to Dorian at a few conferences & he's a great guy. Here is an interview with him.
Tincup
E3,E4
thjj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by thjj »

Tincup wrote:
thjj wrote:Tincup mentioned that the Keto Mojo founder mortgaged his house to lower the price of his meters. Sold!:-[]
I've talked to Dorian at a few conferences & he's a great guy. Here is an interview with him.
seems like a great guy, indeed! Thank you.
· • She/her · • ·
ApoE4/4 status known: 2018 | Born: 1969 | Cognitive Impairment: none
Veero
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Veero »

The Keyto seems to be on a Facebook promo for $99, with which you get the device and being able to use it permanently. If you want a premium level of the app there is a subscription fee, of course. Does anyone have any comments or experience one way or another on this device in its function without the premium level of the app?
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jmac »

cdamaden wrote:
Michae_M wrote:Here is a new device on the market. Just heard about the "Keyto" breath analyzer with associated app. I think this will be a leap forward.
I heard the podcast with the inventor and Dr. Peter Attia. Looked it up and saw it was a whole program, and couldn’t figure out if u need to buy refills or other supplies or is it just diet material that makes it monthly. Has anyone sorted that out?
Considering buying a meter...debating whether I really need it as I'm doing at least a 14 hour fast each night, figure I have to be going into ketosis. The Keyto looked interesting. I'm going to go find the podcast you mentioned.

It looks like there is an option for a full-blown keto program or just buying the meter for $99. I don't see that there's anything else to buy with it to keep it working. Not sure how accurate it might be --- I have heard Dr. Bredesen and others talking about how a lot of meters don't get into the range needed for accurate measurement.

It's funny --- in Bredesen's book he talks about the Precision Xtra, says it costs about $25. That was before the keto diet fad. The prices seem to have more than doubled.