Seattle Meet-Up

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Seattle Meet-Up

Post by CarrieS »

Berri wrote:Hi, everyone,

I would be happy to host a Meet-Up in Ballard. My condo building has a fairly large space with a full kitchen, TV, restrooms, and on the patio a couple of hot tubs!!
Cheers, Berri :D
I'm wondering if we should try to set up a monthly, bimonthly or ??? recurring meeting that we can put on our calendars to get things started.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
Berri
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Berri »

CarrieS wrote:

I would be happy to host a Meet-Up in Ballard. My condo building has a fairly large space with a full kitchen, TV, restrooms, and on the patio a couple of hot tubs!!
"I'm wondering if we should try to set up a monthly, bimonthly or ??? recurring meeting that we can put on our calendars to get things started.
Dear Carrie, and others who are interested,

I would be glad to have any/all of you at almost any time. There are so few of us I thought to wait until two people returned from trips abroad. But anytime you can get here is fine.

I've just returned from Minneapolis, from my second funeral of a dear friend, in one month, so tonight I merely exist. Call me tomorrow, and we'll try to get something solid going.

Berri
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

Berri wrote:I've just returned from Minneapolis, from my second funeral of a dear friend, in one month, so tonight I merely exist.
Berri
Hugs to you Berri! I'm so sorry for you recent losses.
APOe4/4
DebbieG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DebbieG »

CarrieS wrote:

I'm wondering if we should try to set up a monthly, bimonthly or ??? recurring meeting that we can put on our calendars to get things started.
I like the idea of a periodic meeting. There are several of us, so we'd probably meet different people at different meetings. If we do set something up, I like weekday evenings best.

Debbie
Berri
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Berri »

I am wondering if all of our little group would agree to using regular email -- it would be so much faster for me. I have an addr for Debbie and Shenmen but would love the others. You could PM me with your info.

I am calling a meeting for this coming Wednesday at 7 pm at my place, just to get this off the ground.
Would you please let me know in a PM if you can make it. Thanks, Berri
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Last minute notice, but for any folks in Seattle interested in a "public festival...bringing together persons who support a dementia-friendly community" in Seattle, this sounds like a rewarding way to spend a few hours at the Peace Arch Park on the WA/BC border: Dementia without Borders Public Festival July 3, 11:00-2:00 PM
Having worked with kids with special needs and traumatic brain injuries, I learned that we are "people first"...once we have the chance to laugh and eat and have fun together.
4/4 and still an optimist!
mkhikergirl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mkhikergirl »

Is there going to be a meet-up in July? My schedule has changed and I may be available rather than waiting until an August meeting. I would love to meet with the group (or anyone). I'm currently starting on the ketogenic 3/12 food plan and am feeling overwhelmed. Also, thanks NF52 Support team for letting us know how to sign up for receiving email notices. I tried to send a personal message to one of our members and this website/forum told me I wasn't authorized to send personal messages....even though I'm logged into the site. I'm definitely in the learning stages of participating here! Thanks everyone who has commented, it really helps.
Berri
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Berri »

[quote="mkhikergirl"]Is there going to be a meet-up in July? My schedule has changed and I may be available rather than waiting until an August meeting.
--------------------------------
We might be able to get together next week but this week I have a houseguest who comes late to the dinner table plus I am cooking for a neighbor who is ill.

If you all could let me know what days/nights work for you until the end of July, that would be very helpful.

Cheerio, Berri
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

Berri wrote:If you all could let me know what days/nights work for you until the end of July, that would be very helpful.
Cheerio, Berri
Hi Berri
My schedule is all over the place until the end of July. I will make an effort to attend the date / time that works for the majority.
Thank you for your efforts!
Carrie
APOe4/4
mkhikergirl
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mkhikergirl »

Hi Berri,
Thanks for the reply. It looks like for me this month any M-Th weekday evening can work for me.
Thank you for facilitating! It is a tremendous help.
mkhikergirl (aka Melissa)