I've stabilized my heart disease!

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: I've stabilized my heart disease!

Post by TheresaB »

PeterM wrote:felt a little conflicted by Thuet’s lower-fat recommendations for E4 carriers.
I too was was a little disappointed by recommending a generic lower fat diet. He doesn't seem to talk from first hand knowledge, his knowledge of an E4 diet seems to have come from listening to a presentation at the ICIM conference. He right about E4s and their LDL, HDL, and VLDL being reprocessed in the liver twice as long as 3s. Oxidized LDL (oxidized = damaging/inflammatory) is generally higher in E4s because the lipoproteins float in the blood stream for such a long time. Had he recommended a lower saturated fat diet for E4s, it would have made more sense to me. I'm ketogenic and eat a fair amount of fat, but mostly monounsaturated. Through a high monounsaturated fat diet, I lowered by oxidized LDL down to reasonable levels. But it's a challenge. I know a gal who is a 3/3, she eats similarly to me, but has a petite filet of beef once a week and her oxLDL levels are always in the basement, I couldn't get away with that.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Thank you, Susan and Julie! I'm delighted with my results, especially given that I'm still dealing with mold toxicity and gut dysbiosis. I can imagine how good my score can get after I fully address those issues.

Peter, I also felt conflicted by Thuet's lower-fat recommendations for E4 carriers. He clearly has a brilliant mind, and I find myself wondering if he has considered saturated fats vs. monounsaturated fats with his recommendations. Given my NeuroQuant results, I don't think I have a pristine cerebral vasculature, although my hippocampi are happy. So I'm staying keto, at least for now.

I've decided to switch my vitamin K supplement to the one Thuet has developed. His product looks amazing to me. It’s way more potent than what I’ve been taking. For anyone interested, it’s available at https://www.k-vitamins.com. But I recommend at least skimming the transcript first.
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Wonderful news! I remember when you got the first scan results. Great it has stabilised!!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Thanks, Stavia! I'll never forget that day I got my first scan results. I was expecting a score of zero. Ha!
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Congratulations, TheBrain! You are an inspiration!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Thank you, floramaria!