Newcomer interested in finding health coach

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
KeySpirit
New User
New User

Newcomer interested in finding health coach

Post by KeySpirit »

Hi Everyone!

I'm here for my spouse, who is less inclined to join groups :)

He is Apoe4/4 (we found out a month ago from 23&Me), 66 years old with no symptoms.
Both of his parents had/died from Alzheimers and/or vascular dementia.
The good news is that he has always been incredibly active his entire life whether playing softball, tennis, running, skiing, etc.
He's slender and in good health and has kept a pretty good diet throughout life- he's not one to eat cookies or cakes. He does like his beer, however, as an Eastern European!

We have read Bredesen's book and are getting started on the diet part of prevention by eliminating white bread and other high carb foods, increasing veggies and SMASH fish.
I read about health coaches from a post on the Facebook group and would like to find out more about them and how they might help us get going and keep up on the protocol. He's open to anything else -- supplements, etc.

Thank you!
Last edited by KeySpirit on Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Berri
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Newcomer interested in finding health coach

Post by Berri »

I can highly recommend my Functional Medicine guru. Her name is Sue Bentsen and she connects via phone calls so she can help you wherever you live. That may be offputting to some but I assure you her methods work well. Plus she is the kindest, most generous person you could ever meet. Her contact details:

Sue Bentsen, MS CN RN
Functional Medicine & Integrative Nutritionist
ReCode Nutrition
(FAX) 201-379-0023
Integrative Strategies for Brain and Body Wellness
http://www.ReCodeNutrition.com

Best of luck, Berri
KeySpirit
New User
New User

Post by KeySpirit »

Thank you Berri!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I can highly recommend my Functional Medicine guru. Her name is Sue Bentsen and she connects via phone calls so she can help you wherever you live. That may be offputting to some but I assure you her methods work well. Plus she is the kindest, most generous person you could ever meet.
While Sue looks great, she doesn't appear to be a health coach. I hope some of our health coaches can give a shout out OR you could always check our wiki list of ApoE4-aware health coaches.
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Sara »

KeySpirit wrote:Hi Everyone! I'm here for my spouse, who is less inclined to join groups :) Thank you!
Hi KeySpirit and welcome to the apoe4.info site! Wow, your partner sounds incredible and kudos to him for staying so fit and already implementing part of the protocol... with your help of course! I also want to applaud you for the active role you are taking on your partner's behalf to make sure he stays healthy! You might want to take a look at the apoe4 Primer which is a great educational resource. As Julie G mentioned above, a great place to find a health coach trained on this site and with Dr. Bredesen's protocol is on the wiki list of "APOE4-Aware Health Coaches. A trained Health Coach can help you by reviewing the protocol with you, identifying where you are and helping you set goals towards where you would like to be in congruence with the protocol. Warm Regard, Sara
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

KeySpirit wrote: I read about health coaches from a post on the Facebook group and would like to find out more about them and how they might help us get going and keep up on the protocol. He's open to anything else -- supplements, etc.
Thank you!
Here is the link to our Wiki section on ApoE4-Aware Health Coaches
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health