Calling all Alzheimer's Activists!

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Calling all Alzheimer's Activists!

Post by floramaria »

Julie G wrote:Hi friends! Here's some recommended reading to help prepare for our meeting. Keep sharing your ideas! I'll generate and post a proposed agenda soon.

In the meantime, Tuesday, August 13 is our top pick for a first meeting. How would 2:30PM PT, 3:30PM MT, 4:30PM CT, and 5:30PM ET work? For anyone who can't make that day, please propose an alternate.
This date and time works for me. thanks!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
pjroberts.pjr
New User
New User

Post by pjroberts.pjr »

What a great idea! I would love to participate, and I'm available for Zoom conference almost any time except Tuesday nights.
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

pjroberts.pjr wrote:What a great idea! I would love to participate, and I'm available for Zoom conference almost any time except Tuesday nights.
Welcome pjrroberts.pjr. It is great that you are joining us and will be able to participate as an Alzheimer's Activist!
Since you have just joined it would be wonderful to hear more about who you are and what brings you to the site. If you are interested in introducing yourself, Our Stories is a good place to do that.
We have a Primer, written by a physician member, which provides an overview of ApoE4 allele, and many members find to be a helpful way to get started on the website. We also have a Wiki that you might want to have a look at, since it has in depth articles on a variety of important and interesting topics. It includes a section, How-To Get the Most out of the ApoE4.info website, that gives many helpful tips that will make it easier to navigate the website. It will give you information on subscribing to threads, quoting when responding to another member so they are notified of your response, and using the PM and Search functions.
Looking forward to hearing more from you in the Forums and meeting you in the Alzheimer's Activists group.
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
roxanne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roxanne »

I would love to participate but Tuesdays I work until 10pm ET. My only available day is Thursday. For those of us not available on the date that you choose, will the meeting be recorded?
buck3Maureen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by buck3Maureen »

Aug 13 2:30PM ET works for me. Very excited about this. Have some ideas that I will post after I get a chance.
Maureen
TheBrain
Contributor
Contributor

Post by TheBrain »

Julie G wrote: In the meantime, Tuesday, August 13 is our top pick for a first meeting. How would 2:30PM PT, 3:30PM MT, 4:30PM CT, and 5:30PM ET work? For anyone who can't make that day, please propose an alternate.
This works for me!
ApoE 4/4 - When I was in 7th grade, my fellow students in history class called me "The Brain" because I had such a memory for detail. I excelled at memorization and aced tests. This childhood memory helps me cope!
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Julie G wrote:In the meantime, Tuesday, August 13 is our top pick for a first meeting. How would 2:30PM PT, 3:30PM MT, 4:30PM CT, and 5:30PM ET work? For anyone who can't make that day, please propose an alternate.
That works for me. Will you be sharing a zoom link?
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Quick reminder to those who've expressed interest: Tuesday, August 13 is our top pick for a first meeting. How would 2:30PM PT, 3:30PM MT, 4:30PM CT, and 5:30PM ET work? For anyone who can't make that day, please propose an alternate.
That works for me. Will you be sharing a zoom link?
Of course! I'm waiting a bit to see if a different day or time is preferable to the larger group. In the meantime, please see a proposed agenda below. I'd like to keep the meeting limited to one hour. In our next meeting, we can finish any undone items on this agenda and discuss possible partners for this project. Please feel free to suggest additional agenda items for this and any subsequent meetings. Can't wait!
_____

AGENDA

1. Welcome & Introductions: Each participants will have several (1-3 mins.) to introduce themselves. Zoom provides the option to join by video or by audio if you’d prefer to remain anonymous.

2. Brief description of the project: A public service campaign to disseminate brain health for all ages, with a strong emphasis on Alzheimer’s prevention.

3. Name ideas: Brainstorm!

4. Scope: Some ideas that have already been shared:

-A social media campaign
-A print brochure for physicians to share with patients
-A print brochure for the general public
-Education for teens
-TV PSAs, partnering with “celebs”?

5. Wrap-up
DaleBru
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DaleBru »

I like the agenda. Is funding an issue? In other words, is the budget closer to $100 or $1,000,000 for the first year? Apologies if that was already discussed and I missed it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

DaleBru wrote:I like the agenda. Is funding an issue? In other words, is the budget closer to $100 or $1,000,000 for the first year? Apologies if that was already discussed and I missed it.
Great question. I was initially envisioning a social media campaign that would have been very inexpensive. The potential scope of the project has changed and depending upon what we decide, it may require some money. Our non-profit has money in the coffers. We also have ways of raising more, but given the magnitude of the public health crisis, I suspect that money has already been allocated to various entities for precisely this job. This is where partnering with other agencies may be very helpful. We can discuss more at the meeting. Hope you can join us, DaleBru!