New member, 2/4

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
moodybeat
New User
New User

New member, 2/4

Post by moodybeat »

Hi! New Gs270 (probably 2/4, according to SnPedia) member here. I've found it difficult to find many APOE studies that don't mix the few 2/4 results in with the 3/4s or 3/3s, or just toss the 2/4 results altogether (understandable since there usually aren't enough 2/4's in the study to get useful results). However, there's definitely an increased Alz risk, especially as my mother had it, so very grateful for this site so I can learn to get a better handle on my health!
Last edited by moodybeat on Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Davida
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New member, 4/2

Post by Davida »

moodybeat wrote:Hi! New Gs270 (probably 4/2, according to SnPedia) member here. I've found it difficult to find many APOE studies that don't mix the few 4/2 results in with the 2/3s or 3/3s, or just toss the 4/2 results altogether (understandable since there usually aren't enough 4/2's in the study to get useful results). However, there's definitely an increased Alz risk, especially as my mother had it, so very grateful for this site so I can learn to get a better handle on my health!
Welcome to the Apoe4 community moodybeat, I'm glad you posted. I think you will find the group to be very supportive as well as very knowledgeable in many areas. I too had a mother with Alzheimer's and I am very grateful for whatever information I can obtain to decrease my risk and improve my health.

If you haven't already seen it, our Primer is a wonderful place to start. It is written by a physician member, is updated regularly and provides information on the Apoe4 allele, prevention strategies and biomarkers to check. It appears you found some information on the SNPedia site. Other contributors may add their comments as well. You may also find Wiki useful if you want to dive in a little deeper on topics you find particularly interesting. And if you are so inclined, Our Stories is a thread where you can learn more about other's journey and share more of yourself.

Please keep posting and don't hesitate to ask questions. We all learn so much from each other!

My best,

Davida
Davida
FMCHC
Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches Certification 2018
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New member, 2/4

Post by floramaria »

moodybeat wrote:Hi! New Gs270 (probably 2/4, according to SnPedia) member here. I've found it difficult to find many APOE studies that don't mix the few 2/4 results in with the 3/4s or 3/3s, or just toss the 2/4 results altogether (understandable since there usually aren't enough 2/4's in the study to get useful results). However, there's definitely an increased Alz risk, especially as my mother had it, so very grateful for this site so I can learn to get a better handle on my health!
Hi, moodybeat, If you go to the Search function (by clicking the magnifying glass left of your user name) and type in ApoE2/4 that will take you to previous posts on the Forums about ApoE2/4. Looks like there will be some excellent resources there for you.

Also I’d like to recommend the How-To Get the Most out of the ApoE4.info website section of our WiKi, which will give you a lot of tips that will be helpful as you search for information and interact with other members.

Best wishes!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health