Fiji water (silica rich water) - Reversal of Alzheimer's

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
dscoachRN
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fiji water (silica rich water) - Reversal of Alzheimer's

Post by dscoachRN »

Much appreciated Laurie!
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

Here is an update on my mother in law. My last update was 9 months ago (Oct 2018). My mother in law is now living by herself as my father in law passed in January of this year from hypoxia dementia from COPD. We weren’t certain how my mother in law would handle this major change. My in laws had been married for over 70 years. My mother in law has done remarkably well. Her cognition and memory have remained stable. So far she has been able to live by herself in her own home which is remarkable. My mother in law is 92 and it has been 7 years since the symptoms of Alzheimer’s began to impact significantly on her daily functioning. I want to keep giving updates as I see people are continuing to read this post. Thank you to everyone for taking interest in what my husband and I have learned about preventing and reversing Alzheimer's.
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
IForgot
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IForgot »

laurie wrote:Here is an update on my mother in law. My last update was 9 months ago (Oct 2018). My mother in law is now living by herself as my father in law passed in January of this year from hypoxia dementia from COPD. We weren’t certain how my mother in law would handle this major change. My in laws had been married for over 70 years. My mother in law has done remarkably well. Her cognition and memory have remained stable. So far she has been able to live by herself in her own home which is remarkable. My mother in law is 92 and it has been 7 years since the symptoms of Alzheimer’s began to impact significantly on her daily functioning. I want to keep giving updates as I see people are continuing to read this post. Thank you to everyone for taking interest in what my husband and I have learned about preventing and reversing Alzheimer's.
Hi Laurie,
This is excellent news. (I'm sorry to hear about your father in law) I'm glad for you and your family.

When you have a moment, would you mind summarizing the cognitive regimen that your mother in law is now practicing.
Regards,
Steven
Last edited by IForgot on Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

IForgot wrote:
When you have a moment, would you mind summarizing the cognitive regime that your mother in law is now practicing.
Regards,
Steven
Hi Steven, Thanks for asking. Here is the 'protocol' my mother in law is following.

My husband and I feel the lifestyle changes that have had the most impact are drinking silica water and eliminating aluminum.

Drinking Fiji water – drinks around 3 cups a day

Eliminating aluminum (3 major sources- drip style coffee maker – homemade tomato juice (cooked in aluminum pot) – donuts every day for breakfast (contain aluminum in the baking powder)

Supplements

Prior to onset of symptoms
• Vitamin B 12 time release
• Vitamin D3
• Zinc
• Selenium/selenite
• CoQ10

Current supplements
• Co Q 10 200 mcg Increased
• Methyl Folate 400 mcg
• PQQ 20 mg
• Taurine 500 mcg
• Vitamin D3 2,000 IU Increased
• Vitamin K2-Mk4 16 mg
• Vitamin K2-MK7 60 mcg
• Zinc Bis-glycinate 30 mg
• Vitamin B12 time released 1 mg
• Selenium/selenomethionine 200 mcg

Medical conditions
My mother in law has atherosclerosis so some supplements are for heart health

Diet
The only dietary change we have made for my mother in law is eliminating sources of aluminum. Here is a typical menu for my mother in law which she has been doing for many years. Baked goods for breakfast/ grapefruit No lunch Dinner - meat, veggie, sometimes a starch and sometimes fruit
Prior to this year she had a garden so she ate fresh veggies in the summer

Here is information on other lifestyle choices which are recommended to prevent Alzheimer's but she is not implementing

Exercise My mother in law is not exercising (she does do housework on a daily basis)

Social engagement She lives alone and she talks with neighbors and with family by phone

Intellectual Stimulation She reads the newspaper which she has done for years
Apoe 3/4

"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse
IForgot
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IForgot »

laurie wrote:
IForgot wrote:
My husband and I feel the lifestyle changes that have had the most impact are drinking silica water and eliminating aluminum.

Drinking Fiji water – drinks around 3 cups a day

Eliminating aluminum (3 major sources- drip style coffee maker – homemade tomato juice (cooked in aluminum pot) – donuts every day for breakfast (contain aluminum in the baking powder)

Supplements

Prior to onset of symptoms
• Vitamin B 12 time release
• Vitamin D3
• Zinc
• Selenium/selenite
• CoQ10

Current supplements
• Co Q 10 200 mcg Increased
• Methyl Folate 400 mcg
• PQQ 20 mg
• Taurine 500 mcg
• Vitamin D3 2,000 IU Increased
• Vitamin K2-Mk4 16 mg
• Vitamin K2-MK7 60 mcg
• Zinc Bis-glycinate 30 mg
• Vitamin B12 time released 1 mg
• Selenium/selenomethionine 200 mcg
Hello Laurie,
Thank you. I presume the Vitamin K is for the atherosclerosis or perhaps some Osteoporosis? And the Taurine is for CVD, as well? I'm just trying to separate the cognitive vs cardiovascular.
Regards,
Steven
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

[/quote]

Hello Laurie,
Thank you. I presume the Vitamin K is for the atherosclerosis or perhaps some Osteoporosis? And the Taurine is for CVD, as well? I'm just trying to separate the cognitive vs cardiovascular.
Regards,
Steven[/quote]

You are correct the Vit K is for both. In addition Vit K and Taurine are for both heart health and cognitive health. If you want more detailed information and research about each supplement take a look at my husband's book. Prevent Alzheimer's Autism and Stroke with 7 Supplements, 7 Lifestyle Choices and a Dissolved Mineral. The book is available on Amazon. Dennis N Crouse
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse
Tricia8566
New User
New User

Post by Tricia8566 »

Hi Laurie,

I have questions about the Britta filter. I have a Woder undersink filter and they say it filters out aluminum. I don't know if your husband has tested that filter to see if that is accurate?

If my filter already filters out aluminum, do I need to perform the Britta step? Or will the water be safe enough to drink without that step?
Sara Mushel, MS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sara Mushel, MS »

Tricia8566 wrote:Hi Laurie,

I have questions about the Britta filter. I have a Woder undersink filter and they say it filters out aluminum. I don't know if your husband has tested that filter to see if that is accurate?

If my filter already filters out aluminum, do I need to perform the Britta step? Or will the water be safe enough to drink without that step?
Hi Tricia,

Welcome to the forum! Just a quick note, Laurie will get a notification that you have responded to her thread if you quote her. You can do this by clicking on the quotation button in the upper right corner of the reply box. You can then remove the unrelated parts of her text by deleting and leaving just the relevant info about the filter. The other option would be to send her a private message. I'm sure she'd be happy to help you further once she hears from you!

In addition to the wonderful information shared by our members, there are several helpful resources here within the forum that you can explore, including the Primer and Wiki pages. If you need any assistance with quoting Laurie or with anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Sara
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

Hello Tricia8566 and welcome to the community! Sara has given you some great tips to help you learn to navigate around the forums and to help you make sure that the appropriate persons get notified that you have a question for them. When you have a moment, we'd love to know more about you and what brought you here to the APOe4.info web site. This is a very knowledgeable and supportive community so please don't hesitate to continue to reach out with questions or observations.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by laurie »

I owe you an apology I read this and I guess I never responded. My husband hasn't tested the undersink filter you have. The Brita step is needed to filter out any impurities(including aluminum) which might be found in the ingredients used to make silicade.

Laurie
Apoe 3/4

Dennis N Crouse