Cleaning of Lymphatic brain vessel - Nasya therapy

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
pisanmc
Contributor
Contributor

Cleaning of Lymphatic brain vessel - Nasya therapy

Post by pisanmc »

Hello

I have been thinking of implementing this strategy. It seems that with age, the brain lymphatic drainage capacity is diminishing and could be one of the cause of amyloid accumulation in the brain?
Some start up are working on creating new therapy. In the meantimel, I found this ayurvedic technique on Dr Douillard web site (lifespa.com) using nasya oil and a mix of ginger/brown sugar drops to inhale,. Interestingly, he mentioned that sleeping on the left side can increase drainage by 20%.....

Here is the link to the article:
https://lifespa.com/how-to-clear-your-s ... l-baggage/

Any comment on the strategy potential from the group will be great.

Thank you
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: Cleaning of Lymphatic brain vessel - Nasya therapy

Post by Julie G »

Really interesting. I have to admit that the brown sugar makes me nervous. Do you know why it's necessary? It feels like it could be a breeding ground for yeast and other nasties. That said, I'm currently using a pretty rigorous nasal wash via NeilMed delivery that's having a good effect for me. (In full disclosure, I'm MARCoNS positive with one weak biofilm which is actually fairly common.) I'm using a slightly warmed saline rinse with one pump of liquid Biocidin (not intended for long term use), a pinch of L-glutamine powder, and a 1/2 tsp of kimchi juice. I feel amazing afterwards. I'm doubtful that it's enhancing my glymphatic drainage, but it makes my sinuses feel amazing which translates to optimized health. :D FWIW, things known to stimulate the glymphatic system are sleep, side sleeping, aerobic exercise, and possibly inversion poses like downward dog.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I used to get whole body lymphatic massage which I feel is really useful, as long as the person is trained at the Chikly Institute. A lot of other therapists advertise lymphatic massage but it's nothing like a Chikly trained practitioner. I had to stop because of the expense, but I've started to incorporate self lymphatic massage into my day (it's a bit of a halting effort at present due to other things going on). Everything from taking time to do it before bed, to changing the way I shower and dry myself with a towel after a shower to enhance lymph flow (I made that concept up! :-D) It helped a lot that I've had the Chikly oriented massages so have an idea what it should feel like and something about the process. Best is to have someone do it, but if money is an issue, I think there's room for us to experiment.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Lisa G
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lisa G »

circular wrote:dry myself with a towel after a shower to enhance lymph flow
Great suggestions! I also dry brush before a shower. Feels wonderfully stimulating! :D
Lisa H. Gerardi, MA
National Board Certified - Health & Wellness Coach
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Integrative Nutrition Certified Coach
chrissyr
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by chrissyr »

This article (study on rats from 2015) speculates that right side sleeping is best for clearance. ( in rats at least!) Took me forever to figure out what RLD stands for: right lateral decubitus. Sleeping on my side is a work in progress, I want to wrench my lower back and twist my neck while slumbering on my belly ;)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4524974/

from the article:
It has also been shown that sympathetic tone is lower concomitantly with an increase in vagal tone in the right rather than in the left lateral position (Kuo et al., 2000). One possible reason for the advantage of RLD position is that the heart is positioned higher when lying on the right side. The slight elevation of the heart facilitating pumping of blood and at the greater venous return may increase cardiac stroke volume; in turn, the sympathetic tone is reduced, possibly improving glymphatic influx.

Like I said, speculative, but free and worth a try for a good night's rest and refresh
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

chrissyr wrote:This article (study on rats from 2015) speculates that right side sleeping is best for clearance. ( in rats at least!) Took
I wonder how they got the rats to sleep on their right side, and wonder if something similar can be Jerry-rigged for humans!
Slacker
E4/E4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

slacker wrote:
chrissyr wrote:This article (study on rats from 2015) speculates that right side sleeping is best for clearance. ( in rats at least!) Took
I wonder how they got the rats to sleep on their right side, and wonder if something similar can be Jerry-rigged for humans!
The tail supports side sleeping on any side. You'll need a tail.
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
chrissyr
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by chrissyr »

ooh, I could jerry rig a tail! :lol:
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

This one ultimately led me to fall down a rabbit hole. :? First, I wanted to determine if the lymphatic system and glyphatatic system are connected. The answer appears to be YES via the meningeal lymphatic vessels. Then, I wanted to figure out if the sinuses are connected to the gylmphatic system. The answer appears to be a strong MAYBE. I'd love some further insight.

If both of these end up bearing out, it may pave the way for powerful interventions we can easily employ to help clear beta-amyloid.
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

Julie G wrote:I'm using a slightly warmed saline rinse with one pump of liquid Biocidin (not intended for long term use), a pinch of L-glutamine powder, and a 1/2 tsp of kimchi juice.
I love that you are adding Kimchi juice! I read an article about how some batches of kimchi juice contain a bacteria that combats sinusitis. My nephew was suffering from constant sinusitis so I took him a jar of homemade kimchi when visiting a few years ago. I suggested he dip a (clean) finger in the juice and shove it up his nose to see if anything happens. He'd tried so many different things so why not?! We were all thrilled that he found relief in a short period of time. I've told others about this and they've found relief too. Good stuff!
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist