Hi from data-hungry new member

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
LtCmdData
Contributor
Contributor

Hi from data-hungry new member

Post by LtCmdData »

Hi all,

I'm a new 4/4 member to this site. I'm a 36yo scientist with experience in theoretical (astro)physics and data science. Lately I got totally obsessed with my new found interest in health, longevity, and this ApoE thing all of us here have going on. I've learned a lot already, but I realize that it's all just the tip of the iceberg. FWIW, I'm happy I found out about my ApoE status, since it is something that _can_ be managed. I think all that we learn here actually helps us in other areas of life as well.

Looking forward to learning more from all of you, and I'm happy to be here.
"Whatever gets measured gets managed" -- William Thomson, Lord Kelvin
4/4
PJD@4411
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Hi from data-hungry new member

Post by PJD@4411 »

LtCmdData wrote:Hi all,

I'm a new 4/4 member to this site. I'm a 36yo scientist with experience in theoretical (astro)physics and data science. Lately I got totally obsessed with my new found interest in health, longevity, and this ApoE thing all of us here have going on. I've learned a lot already, but I realize that it's all just the tip of the iceberg. FWIW, I'm happy I found out about my ApoE status, since it is something that _can_ be managed. I think all that we learn here actually helps us in other areas of life as well.

Welcome to the ApoE4 site! You have quite an impressive educational background and experience! So happy you are here as there is a wealth of information on this site. You may find our Primer helpful since it was written by a doctor who is ApoE4 4/4 herself. As you know this gene increases one's risk later in life and you have time on your side to make nutritional and lifestyle changes to promote your cognitive health. You may also want to explore the "Our Stories" section to follow fellow members that are in their 30's.

I agree with you, this is something that can be managed!

Thank you for joining us, we look forward to hearing from you.
PJ
Think Positive Be Positive
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
LtCmdData
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LtCmdData »

PJD@4411 wrote:I agree with you, this is something that can be managed!
Yes! I have done a prolonged (5-day) fast last month, and I am now experimenting with a ketoflex diet. Just figuring out what works as a lifestyle change. I'm very excited to be taking matters in my own hands.
PJD@4411 wrote:Thank you for joining us, we look forward to hearing from you.
PJ
Thank you for the warm welcome!
"Whatever gets measured gets managed" -- William Thomson, Lord Kelvin
4/4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Welcome LtCmdData . Glad you found us! Some resources, if you haven't stumbled upon them yet. The previously mentioned primer, written by a GP. How to get the most out of the site, wiki. and the wiki in general. Lastly the search function.
Tincup
E3,E4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Glad you joined us!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Rainbow
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Rainbow »

Hi from a physics graduate student with an interest in artificial intelligence! Here's hoping that data science and precision medicine will unite forces and eventually make Alzheimer's a thing of the past.
4/4
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

Hi Data, from another 4/4. Welcome! I hear Captain Picard is getting back in the act...
Sonoma Mike
4/4