Aluminum-free tinted lip balm?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
MagicBean
Contributor
Contributor

Aluminum-free tinted lip balm?

Post by MagicBean »

After reading through the aluminum threads on here, I am trying to reduce my lifestyle sources of this metal. Unfortunately, the Burt's Bees tinted lip balm I love so much, as quoted on the label: "may contain alumina" (not sure why they aren't sure about whether it does or does not...).

Anyone have any suggestions for alumina/aluminum-free tinted lip balms?
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Aluminum-free tinted lip balm?

Post by circular »

MagicBean wrote:After reading through the aluminum threads on here, I am trying to reduce my lifestyle sources of this metal. Unfortunately, the Burt's Bees tinted lip balm I love so much, as quoted on the label: "may contain alumina" (not sure why they aren't sure about whether it does or does not...).

Anyone have any suggestions for alumina/aluminum-free tinted lip balms?
Depending on your tint color, it may be the red dye/tint that can come from beetles (yum!). Apparently at least some sources of this type of dye use aluminum to process it. If Burt's Bees' source of the red dye/tint changes with market fluctuations that might mean the presence of alumina might come and go in their product?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
MagicBean
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MagicBean »

circular wrote: Depending on your tint color, it may be the red dye/tint that can come from beetles (yum!). Apparently at least some sources of this type of dye use aluminum to process it. If Burt's Bees' source of the red dye/tint changes with market fluctuations that might mean the presence of alumina might come and go in their product?
"Red Dahlia" is the color! I just saw Badger makes a tinted lip balm without beetle carmine or alumina, so I'm going to give that a whirl. :)
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

MagicBean,
Take a look at EWG's Skin Deep page. They may have options there?

I believe companies write "may contain" when they use the facility for the production of other things, which do contain aluminum. So there may be traces in it, even if they know the tinted lip balm isn't made with it.
e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
MagicBean
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MagicBean »

Thanks, Plumster!