Faster cell aging in apoe4 women.

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
hairyfairy
Contributor
Contributor

Faster cell aging in apoe4 women.

Post by hairyfairy »

Iv`e read the reports about apoe4 women having shorter telomeres and faster cell aging. Is there any way to prevent this. I tried going on HRT once for 3 months, but all it did was send my cholesterol sky high.
Jmac
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Faster cell aging in apoe4 women.

Post by Jmac »

hairyfairy wrote:I... shorter telomeres and faster cell aging. Is there any way to prevent this.
I'm reading articles and listening to podcasts about lengthening telomeres. Intermittent fasting, going into ketosis are two ways I've read that work. Here' is an article I am reading right now, just found: https://situationalwellness.com/the-sho ... -telomeres
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

We have a thread where we've discussed telomeres: Telomeres
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

hairyfairy wrote:Iv`e read the reports about apoe4 women having shorter telomeres and faster cell aging. Is there any way to prevent this. I tried going on HRT once for 3 months, but all it did was send my cholesterol sky high.
Hi Hairyfair,

Dr. Rhonda Patrick interviewed Elissa Epel, Ph.D. on the topic of telomeres and cell aging. Here is the link.
Let me add Dr. Rhonda carries Apoe4 allele herself.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
DebbieG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DebbieG »

hairyfairy wrote:Iv`e read the reports about apoe4 women having shorter telomeres and faster cell aging. Is there any way to prevent this. I tried going on HRT once for 3 months, but all it did was send my cholesterol sky high.
I'm reading Lifespan, by David A. Sinclair, Phd, which is about cell aging. I've also listened to podcasts of his interviews with Peter Attia, Dave Asprey, and Mark Hyman. Among other things, he talks about sirtuin genes, resveratrol, and NAD precursors and what he personally is doing to enhance his longevity. I haven't gotten to the part where he describes his daily practices, but the podcasts talk about it. Mark Hyman's is the most to the point about that.