Bredesen Protocol in Switzerland/Germany

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bredesen Protocol in Switzerland/Germany

Post by slacker »

Welcome Miquel;

All members of this website are "ordinary men and women from all over the world" who are interested in ApoE4. For example, the person who started this thread lives in Switzerland. Stavia, one of our MD members, lives in New Zealand. We don't keep a list of names and countries of origin; this information is shared by each member only if they are comfortable doing so.

When you are ready, you are welcome to introduce yourself in the "Our Stories" forum. That would be a great place to tell us what your interests are, and if you are looking for other members in a particular part of the world.
Slacker
E4/E4
cristianionescu
New User
New User

Post by cristianionescu »

Dear Andrea,
ever since your inquiry of a practitioner in Switzerland, have you found anyone who graduated the training for REcode programme in the country?
I'd be interested to learn who they are if you discovered them.
All the best,
Cristian
Plumster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Plumster »

e3/4 MTHFR C677T/A1298C COMT V158M++ COMT H62H++ MTRR A66G ++ HLA DR
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

cristianionescu wrote: Dear Andrea,
ever since your inquiry of a practitioner in Switzerland, have you found anyone who graduated the training for REcode programme in the country?
All the best,
Cristian
Hello Cristian and welcome!

Our Wiki has a link found here with suggestions on how to search for a Bredesen trained practitioner. As an alternative, a number of our members have partnered with their existing physicians who, although not specifically trained in the Protocol, were willing to provide the suggested lab tests along with professional interpretation of individual results. When that hasn't been an option, other members have found the Institute of Functional Medicine https://www.ifm.org/ to be a helpful resource to locate a physician to partner with (as our member Plumster posted in an earlier response to your question).

Cristian, if you haven't had an opportunity as yet, we highly recommend you browse through our site Primer written by a member physician. It's an excellent source of information on the ApoE4 gene along with clearly stated, prioritized strategies to improve overall health with the hope that in doing so we can mitigate the effects of this gene. Our How-To-Guide offers some great tips to help navigate our site more easily and effectively, and the Search function (the magnifying glass along the upper right of this page) is a quick way to find topics of interest to you in our forums.

Also, if at any point you'd like to share a bit about yourself and what brought you here, the Our Stories forum is a great place to post. And please, don't hestiate to ask additional questions of the group at any time as they come up!
warmly, Lucy
srbogert
Contributor
Contributor

Post by srbogert »

cristianionescu wrote:Dear Andrea,
All the best,
Cristian
Hello Christian, Welcome to the group!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Miek
New User
New User

Post by Miek »

Dear Awi, I was wondering if you managed to get into contact with any bredesen protocol in Switzerland? How is your father?
I'm living in Switzerland, Lausanne, and maybe setting something up myself...
Best regards,
Marieke
PJD@4411
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PJD@4411 »

Miek wrote:Dear Awi, I was wondering if you managed to get into contact with any bredesen protocol in Switzerland? How is your father?
Best regards,
Marieke
Hello Miek,
Welcome to the site! It looks like you have connected with others from your area here. If you would like additional information the Primer is a great place to get started. You can also find information regarding the Bredesen Protocol and much more by clicking on the Wiki tab located on the top of the page.
Think Positive Be Positive
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Miek wrote:Dear Awi, I was wondering if you managed to get into contact with any bredesen protocol in Switzerland? How is your father?
Best regards,
Marieke
Hi Marieke, and welcome;

Awi/Andrea may not see your post directly. You can private message (PM) her directly to communicate. Instructions are foundhere. Although it would be lovely for Awi to respond online in this topic so that others can learn as well!
Slacker
E4/E4
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Awi wrote:My name is Andrea, I am a 43-year-old physicist from Switzerland. Dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a couple of months ago.
Best regards,
Marieke
PJD@4411 wrote:Hello Miek,
Welcome to the site! It looks like you have connected with others from your area here.
Gruetzi (Hello) Marieke and Andrea!

I have "quoted" both of you by using the single quotation mark in the upper left of each post, which sends an email to both of you. Andrea ("Awi") posted in 2017, so would not be likely to see your recent question Marieke. We are so glad that both of you have reached out, and hope you can help each other, and others here, in finding resources for yourselves and family members in Switzerland.

If you scroll up further in this "conversation". you will see suggestions, but I'd encourage you to try this resource:
Institute for Functional Medicine: Find A Practitioner: Advanced Search. The font is somewhat small, but if you put in Switzerland as the country and then scroll down to the bottom for Completed Coursework and select "Advanced Clinical Training: Reversing Cognitive Decline", you should see practitioners who have completed that course, which includes training in the Bredesen protocol.

You can also see suggestions for many easy to follow suggestions in our Primer, written by a doctor who is herself ApoE 4/4 and practices in a country where most patients see only their primary care provider.

We hope this is helpful. Viel Glück! (Good luck!)
4/4 and still an optimist!
Stefan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stefan »

"I have been researching on the Internet and was very grateful to discover the Bredesen Recode program and other holistic approaches. The frustration came when I tried to find a medical practitioner in Switzerland or Germany that could supervise the program. There are none. "

Hi Andrea,
now at the end of 2019 I see your post after my search "Bredesen and -Switzerland"... - a bit too late as response to your post, I hope your dad is doing better!
I am a biochemist and a health coach in Sewitzerland, I work with a doctor near Bern, as health coach i offer Alzheimer prevention, see https://www.dergesundheitscoach.ch/komp ... alzheimer/
you can reach me from my homepage directly
i myself am an apoe4 single gene carrier, 73 years old and that is the reason i follow the Bredesen Protocoll since 5 years and feel great.
warm regards, Stefan