New Wiki - Mitochondria

TheresaB
Mod
Mod

New Wiki - Mitochondria

Post by TheresaB »

Mitochondrial dysfunction is a major determinant in how we age, is a key factor in a myriad of diseases, and is one of the earliest and most prominent features of Alzheimer’s Disease.
  • *Dr Bredesen talks about mitochondria in preventing/reversing cognitive issues in his book The End of Alzheimer’s
    *Amy Berger talks about the mitochondrial cascade hypothesis when she gives her presentation on Alzheimer’s Disease as Type 3 diabetes.
    *Dr Georgia Ede talks about dysfunctional mitochondria being a hallmark of Alzheimer’s in her presentations
    *Dave Asprey is all about mitochondria and talks about how he overcame his cognitive issues in his book, Head Strong
    *Dr Terry Wahls restored her health after being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (neurodegnerative disease) and being confined to a tilt recline wheelchair by concentrating on efforts to restore her mitochondrial health
    *Dr Steven Gundry talks about the importance of mitochondria (and gut biome) for overall health in his book The Plant Paradox
    *Dr Nasha Winters talks about the importance of mitochondrial health in her book The Metabolic Approach to Cancer
I could go on.

So I thought if there is so much discussion on mitochondrial health, our wiki should have a write-up on it, right?. AND NOW WE DO! :D https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Mitochondria

I knew I was taking on a significant project, between researching, reading, and writing, I worked on this off and on for almost a year. Admittedly, the write up is long, but hopefully is still accessible and the information beneficial. I tried to keep things high level, so most everyone can understand the important points. I almost went down some rabbit holes, but figured if someone wants to understand the biochemistry involved, there are other resources out there, that it’s not necessary for the purpose of this write up.

I hope it proves to be a valuable addition to our wiki.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Fiver
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: New Wiki - Mitochondria

Post by Fiver »

Wow! What a great resource. Thanks for taking this on!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Deep bow, my friend. YOU continue to make us better. I look toward to reading. -xo
BrianR
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by BrianR »

Wow indeed.
Jafa
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jafa »

:D :D :D Thankyou so much Theresa. Brain stimulation for the coming week.. sorted :D
PRESCOTT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PRESCOTT »

Thank you so much for a tremendous job, the wealth and breadth of information. The simple lists of good and bad foods, lifestyle choices. This is an excellent piece of work, easily accessible for someone like myself, it simply tells me what to do, what to avoid, what to eat. The low dose stain (10 mg, daily) challenge is difficult, as it appears that most Cardiologists I speak with do not want to endorse my stopping. My CT scan is 302, with a 67% risk factor for my age. My lipid panel is :

Total Cholesterol- 152
Triglycerides- 42
LDL- 70
HDL- 74
CARDIAC RISK RATIO- 2.1

I exercise vigorously six days a week for one hour.
I am on an intermittent fasting cycle of 14 to 16 hrs. Per day.

I am off the usual suspects, all sugars, bad oils, dairy, grains, alcohol, gluten, a very strict and clean diet.

Meditation 30 to 40 minutes daily, doing the Brain HQ on a regular basis.

Any thoughts on attempting getting off the statins? I really do not want to be on them. One FR Dr. Asked me if I want to die from heart disease or Alzheimer’s. A good point, I appreciate her input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

PRESCOTT wrote:Any thoughts on attempting getting off the statins?
I know we've discussed statins many times before. Maybe one of those discussions could help with suggestions. Here's a link to the search on the term "statins". search.php?keywords=statins&terms=all&a ... mit=Search
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
PRESCOTT
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PRESCOTT »

Thank you, I will look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

TheresaB wrote: ... So I thought if there is so much discussion on mitochondrial health, our wiki should have a write-up on it, right?. AND NOW WE DO! :D https://wiki.apoe4.info/wiki/Mitochondria.
Thanks TheresaB! I'm glad to know this is here for when I have a good opportunity to since my teeth in without just skimming!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
ellenjanemccallum
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ellenjanemccallum »

Thank you Theresa, soooo useful! And taken me down one rabbit hole already :)