Any members from Australia ?

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
davida26
New User
New User

Any members from Australia ?

Post by davida26 »

Hello friends. I have just logged on. I found that I have ApoE3/4 and my GP gave me Dr Breseden’s book. I have started following his recommendations. So far I have not met anyone who has heard of the book here in Australia.
I live in Brisbane.
HopefulCaroline
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Any members from Australia ?

Post by HopefulCaroline »

Davida26 Welcome!

We are happy to have you here! I am very impressed that your GP gave you a copy of Dr. Bredesen's book! He/She sounds like a terrific and open-minded physician. You will find many of our members have found success with the ReCode protocol. Keep us posted on your progress and experience if you are so inclined. We love to learn from each other. You will also find so much other terrific information here. A great place to start is the primer, written by Stavia, a physician and member. There is also a "How-To" Guide that makes your journey around the site much more efficient. Finally, I've found the search function (magnifying glass or 3 vertical dots at the top right of the page) to be an awesome way to research questions you may have as most likely, someone has asked the question before and there are several threads of information regarding that topic. I was also able to find other members from Australia by using this feature.

Again, welcome to the community and please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, comments or additional recommendations!

Warmly,
Caroline
Caroline
ApoE4.info Intern
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
“What grows never grows old.” -Noah Benshea
Olivia47
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Olivia47 »

Hello HopefulCaroline. Yes I'm from Victoria. I recently found out my apoe4 status from a MyHeritage DNA test. I am unaware what the second gene is as they didn't tell me.It seems you have an amazing GP. I told my lovely Doctor of my status last week and he just said that "there's nothing you can do about it." Thank goodness for this amazing resource and Dr Bredesen!
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

davida26 wrote:Hello friends. I have just logged on. I found that I have ApoE3/4 and my GP gave me Dr Breseden’s book. I have started following his recommendations. So far I have not met anyone who has heard of the book here in Australia.
I live in Brisbane.
HopefulCaroline wrote:Davida26 Welcome!
We are happy to have you here!... Keep us posted on your progress and experience if you are so inclined. We love to learn from each other. ...Again, welcome to the community and please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, comments or additional recommendations!

Warmly,
Caroline
Olivia47 wrote:Hello HopefulCaroline. Yes I'm from Victoria. I recently found out my apoe4 status from a MyHeritage DNA test. I am unaware what the second gene is as they didn't tell me.It seems you have an amazing GP. I told my lovely Doctor of my status last week and he just said that "there's nothing you can do about it." Thank goodness for this amazing resource and Dr Bredesen!
Hi Olivia,

I am taking the liberty of using our "quote" feature, the big quotation mark in the upper right corner of each post, to let our wonderful intern "HopefulCaroline" and "davida26" know that you've replied. As a tip, if you want to be notified of any posts to a specific conversation topic, just click on the small wrench icon just underneath the topic title in the upper left of the page, and then click again on "subscribe to topic". Once you do that, you will be sent an email anytime any posts are made to this topic. You can unsubscribe using the same wrench icon.

And here's a link to an earlier post of mine in which I searched for all the Aussies I could find! https://www.apoe4.info/forums/viewtopic ... 285#p68285 If you use this tip: How to use the Search function for any of them as "author", you'll see what they've posted. And since we're an online community, consider yourselves welcome to jump into any conversation, and post any questions!
4/4 and still an optimist!
davida26
New User
New User

Post by davida26 »

Hi Olivia, Caroline and members from Australia ,
Thanks for your welcome.
In the time between my first post and this I decided to have a PET scan to see if there is any sigh of plaque or abnormal functioning or shrinking of the hypothalamus so I could organise my life and health to address the symptoms. I am delighted to share with you all that there is absolutely no sign of these symptoms.
Of course I will continue to eat healthily and address all 36 characteristics that contribute to Alzheimer’s.

I should add here that I work for a genetics company that analyses the entire genome and so I know something about genetics. One thing I am sure of is that the action of genes can be increased or decreased by everything we do - every thought, emotion, action, everything we eat and drink, whether we are positive or negative in our thoughts... everything. I have lived most of my life in a positive way and I am blessed that it seems to have countered my genetic heritage.

All the best to all of you. Davida
Bir
New User
New User

Re: Brisbane GP who recommended Bredesen book

Post by Bir »

Hi Davida 26
I live 2 hours south of Brisbane and would love to contact a Dr familiar with this protocol.

Is it ok to share the doctors name?

Thanks
Toni Rogers aka Bir
HopefulCaroline
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Bir,
Welcome to the site. We are happy you are with us. A quick tip that may be helpful when responding to posts is to use the " function so that the user you are replying to gets notified of your post. Here is a link to the "How-to" guide that will give you step by step instructions on that tip as well as many other useful hints. Another helpful resource is the Primer written by Stavia, one of our members who is also a physician. It is an introduction to ApoE4, biochemistry, and possible prevention strategies written in layman's terms. Also, if you are so inclined, the Our Stories section is a wonderful place where people share their stories and more about what brought them to our community.

And specifically regarding your question above, here is a link NF52 posted regarding all activity specifically referencing folks from Australia. I hope it is helpful.

Please reach out if we can support you in any way.

Sincerely,
Caroline
Last edited by HopefulCaroline on Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caroline
ApoE4.info Intern
HopefulCaroline
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Brisbane GP who recommended Bredesen book

Bir wrote:Hi Davida 26
I live 2 hours south of Brisbane and would love to contact a Dr familiar with this protocol.

Is it ok to share the doctors name?

Thanks
Toni Rogers aka Bir
Hi Bir,
Welcome to the site. We are happy you are with us. A quick tip that may be helpful when responding to posts is to use the " function so that the user you are replying to gets notified of your post. Here is a link to the "How-to" guide that will give you step by step instructions on that tip as well as many other useful hints. Another helpful resource is the Primer written by Stavia, one of our members who is also a physician. It is an introduction to ApoE4, biochemistry, and possible prevention strategies written in layman's terms. Also, if you are so inclined, the Our Stories section is a wonderful place where people share their stories and more about what brought them to our community.

And specifically regarding your question above, here is a link NF52 posted regarding all activity specifically referencing folks from Australia. I hope it is helpful.

Please reach out if we can support you in any way.

Sincerely,
Caroline
Caroline
ApoE4.info Intern