Not all Omega 3's are the same...?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
rrmolo
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Not all Omega 3's are the same...?

Post by rrmolo »

Thank you LG1. I will certainly try your suggestion! May I suggest to you the small cans of fish? I buy small tins of mackerel, herring trout, sardines oysters etc and we put on our salad a few times/ week. Very easy and tasty.
Josiah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Josiah »

Both Nordic Naturals - Omega-3 Phospholipids and Dr. Mercola's krill product (which you need to be very rich to afford) list phospholipids as a separate ingredient and the DHA in both of these products is docosahexaenoic acid which is the same ingredient found in all omega 3 supplements. I question whether these products have what Rhonda is talking about, the phospholipid form of DHA.
E3/E3 male age 84
bladedmind
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by bladedmind »

Responding to LG1 and agreeing with Josiah.

In this recent post I expressed worry about how much phospholipid-bound DHA is in the Nordic Naturals product. See also some of the following comments. The question is not yet resolved.
https://www.apoe4.info/forums/viewtopic ... 118#p62904

Next, in this recent post, I did a cost comparison of different sources of phospholipid-bound DHA. Results are surprising, and if approximately correct are useful.
https://www.apoe4.info/forums/viewtopic ... 127#p63127
Vikingman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vikingman »

I am taking Ultimate Omega from Nordic Naturals. 1 teaspoon a day. 2840 Mg . It seems that it is in triglyceride form and not phospholipid form that absorbs better with the E4 allele. I believe I bought a 3 month supply of the wrong kind.
Morazan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Morazan »

Why do we need to choose one or the other? I take 2 fish and 2 krill caps daily, to hedge my bets. I know they are doing something when I notice my fingernails growing stronger and healthier.