Annual lab results

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
KatieS
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Annual lab results

Post by KatieS »

George, just now will supplement with K.

GB, this VitaminD dilemma has me intrigued, please start another post &/or I reread the previous. But as Julie pointed out ,in Dr. Permutter's article that with HSV history, VitD might help to inhibit reactivation. I think I will wear less sunscreen on my pale legs and supplement with 1000-3000units daily. My mom (3/4 with ADR Taq ++) had a VitD level of 20, now on 5000 units/day and is functioning well for 96.5. I presume you do not supplement with Vitamin D.

Sandraz, those are some of my favorite foods. Very interesting how a choline deficiency might boost the liver enzymes. So it's an egg snack every day now. Perhaps, it will take more months of supplementation, increase eggs and low-doses of estrogen, SAMe & TMG to lower this homocysteine from 10.6 to under 8.

Grateful for all this advise.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Apologies for going off-topic, Kit. We do that a lot ;)

Asia, sounds like you may have a touch of NMH as well. Lots of fluids and extra salt helps for mild cases. Definitely carry supplemental fluid for a needle stick. Sorry you're dealing with this- scary. (((Asia)))
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

I wonder if compression stockings would help with the NMH when getting shots?
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
asiagillett
Contributor
Contributor

Post by asiagillett »

Good point Circular. I am looking at compression stockings for travel since I have factor V leiden. Now I'm thinking it's more of a useful investment than I originally thought???
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

asiagillett wrote:Good point Circular. I am looking at compression stockings for travel since I have factor V leiden. Now I'm thinking it's more of a useful investment than I originally thought???
Asia, excellent idea. Risk of DVT rises after three hours air travel. Not a bad idea for a long car journey either.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Maybe this new type of blood testing using just a "painless" finger prick will be the end of your fainting?! Looks like they don't cover all conceivable tests yet, but many and CHEAP! No doubt will be adding more ...

http://www.theranos.com

Here's the article about the founder:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/womans-re ... 00959.html
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
asiagillett
Contributor
Contributor

Post by asiagillett »

This looks amazing and promising.