Bredesen practitioner - Minneapolis MN area??

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
nancyannen
New User
New User

Bredesen practitioner - Minneapolis MN area??

Post by nancyannen »

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone had information on a Bredesen trained provider in the Minneapolis/ St Paul, MN area? I have found a few naturopaths but no one that is specially trained working with someone that has the APOE4 geneotype (I am APOE4 heterozygous). Thank you, I am new to the APOE4 community and have learned so much in such a short time.

Nancy
Lisa G
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bredesen practitioner - Minneapolis MN area??

Post by Lisa G »

nancyannen wrote:...information on a Bredesen trained provider in the Minneapolis/ St Paul, MN area? Thank you, I am new to the APOE4 community and have learned so much in such a short time.
Hello Nancy and welcome to the ApoE4 forum. We’re glad you’ve found some useful information already. I understand it can be overwhelming to try to get up to speed on all the terminology related to ApoE4, Alzheimer's, dementia, etc. so hang in there!
In terms of your question regarding finding a physician, you can go to Searching for a Healthcare practitioner. There is also a list of ApoE4 Aware Healthcare Practitioners in the link provided.
In case you haven't explored the site too much, I wanted to direct you to some resources that are helpful. The primer is a great place to start as it is written by a physician in laymen's terms. There is also a"How-To" Guide that makes your journey around the site much more efficient. You may be interested in checking out the "Our Stories" forum to share your own story and learn about fellow members. Finally, I've found the search function to be an awesome way to research questions you may have as most likely, someone has asked the question before and there are several threads of information regarding that topic.
Again, welcome to the community and please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, comments or additional recommendations! Good luck with your search for a Bredesen protocol doctor.
Lisa H. Gerardi, MA
National Board Certified - Health & Wellness Coach
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Integrative Nutrition Certified Coach
SRJ
New User
New User

Post by SRJ »

To find Bredesen trained doctors, go to ifm.org to get a list of doctors trained in functional medicine, then start calling those doctors and ask if they are trained in the Bredesen protocol and if they are not, do they know of any doctor who is, I found some in Missouri this way. Doctors trained in functional medicine are much more likely to get the Bredesen training.
nancyannen
New User
New User

Post by nancyannen »

Thank you, I'll give that site a try.

Nancy
emmabarton
Contributor
Contributor

Post by emmabarton »

SRJ wrote:To find Bredesen trained doctors, go to ifm.org to get a list of doctors trained in functional medicine, then start calling those doctors and ask if they are trained in the Bredesen protocol and if they are not, do they know of any doctor who is, I found some in Missouri this way. Doctors trained in functional medicine are much more likely to get the Bredesen training.

I agree SRJ-- and here's the link to the Institute for Functional Medicine "find a provider" page. Thanks for contributing-- please continue to share! I generally welcome people after their first post-- but it appears my spiel would be redundant since Lisa G already shared on this thread about important aspects of the site for new users. Regardless, thanks for adding to the conversation.

Light and peace,
Emma
healing happens in relationship
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by slacker »

Nancy;

The "Searching for a Healthcare practitioner" link that Lisa G offered to you shows how to search for a Bredesen trained provider from the IFM website. This may make your search a little easier! Many of these practitioners are available through telehealth, which opens up access to more individuals than just those in your city.
Slacker
E4/E4