Pastured chicken

A primer for newbies and old pros alike.
Contributor
Contributor

Pastured chicken

Post by 9999 »

Does anyone know where I can buy pastured chicken in San Diego, preferably less than $32 per lb?
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Pastured chicken

Post by NF52 »

9999 wrote:Does anyone know where I can buy pastured chicken in San Diego, preferably less than $32 per lb?
Have you tried Google? A quick search for "pasture-raised chicken San Diego" came up with several links. Good luck!
P.S. As a suggestion, to increase the chances users with knowledge of San Diego will see this, you may want to edit the title to "Pastured chicken in San Diego?" You can do that with the icon of a pencil in the upper right-hand corner of your post. Here's a link to our "how-to" wiki that shows screen shots of how to edit: Editing your own post
4/4 and still an optimist!
Marinochka
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Marinochka »

You can buy pastured chicken from grassrootscoop.com or 8oclockranch.com . The chicken runs around 7 dollars a pound. The shipping is quite expensive but you can get free shipping if you buy in bulk. The quality is excellent. First place is a co op based in Midwest somewhere. Second is a family run farm in upstate New York.
I personally use both depending on the deal.
Sara Mushel, MS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sara Mushel, MS »

Marinochka wrote:You can buy pastured chicken from grassrootscoop.com or 8oclockranch.com . The chicken runs around 7 dollars a pound. The shipping is quite expensive but you can get free shipping if you buy in bulk. The quality is excellent. First place is a co op based in Midwest somewhere. Second is a family run farm in upstate New York.
I personally use both depending on the deal.
Hi Marinochka,

Thank you for sharing this helpful information. Pastured chicken is hard to find. I buy organic chicken from Costco, but I must admit, the quality sounds like nothing compared to what you describe here! I’ll have to look into these two companies.

It’s nice to have you join us here!

Sara
ru442
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ru442 »

Also try the Eat Wild website, they will have a list of farms near you and what products they supply:

http://www.eatwild.com
Male 4/4 56 yrs., "Live, Laugh, Love"