Dr. Steven Gundry with diet recommendations for ApoE4

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
SoCalGuy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Dr. Steven Gundry with diet recommendations for ApoE4

Post by SoCalGuy »

Berri wrote:
Julie G wrote:A top notch heart surgeon actually spends THREE minutes discussing diet recommendations for E4s. THREE minutes, an eternity in E4 land!!! We usually get a sentence.

A must listen. The E4 info starts at the 30 min. mark although the entire podcast was fascinating and sets a contextual background:

http://body.io/body-io-fm-24-dr-steven- ... 4CpYP.dpbs

I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Hi, Julie,

Super interesting but didn't you say that if someone is selling something, turn it off? Gundry sells various pills. Also, somewhere in the forums, I read that I shouldn't take EVOO but take avocado oil. Not sure where I read it but someone said not to take grapeseed oil but Gundry like it. I'm even more confused.
Gundry is a proponent of heavy use of EVOO. You can't listen to an interview with him without hearing him say the purpose of food is to get olive oil into your mouth. As far as grapeseed goes I believe he recommends grapeseed extract in pill form, however I have never taken it so I don't want to say too much on this topic. I will let others with more info chime in on this topic.

Yes, Gundry is selling all sorts of supplements. I do not use any of his supplements. He has always recommended Kirkland brand EVOO and even it he owns Costco stock I'm not sure he'd gain much from the liter or so of EVOO I consume per week. I fully understand why people are skeptical regarding him selling supplements, all I can say is I haven't bought a single supplement from him however I have bought his books and I think there is a lot of great knowledge to be gained by reading his books and watching his video podcasts on you tube.
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Richard McG »

TheresaB wrote:Nick,

I’m going to assume NO familiarity with either Dr Bredesen or Dr Gundry and attempt a quick intro of both here.

[.
Theresa thanks for sharing the Matrix diet pdf. I must have missed this the first or third :D time sifting through the amazing primer. Curious on the second page. He indicates forbidden items. Under grains he mentions (cannot pressure cook). Does that mean if you can pressure cook those items you can eat them? ie. Oats........steal cut oats can be pressure cooked so does that mean one could indulge in this or am I just reading into what I would like lol.

Cheers

Rick
52 years of age, 4/4, BMI ~19, Omad, No cognitive decline as of yet ;)
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Richard McG wrote:Does that mean if you can pressure cook those items you can eat them? ie. Oats........steal cut oats can be pressure cooked so does that mean one could indulge in this or am I just reading into what I would like lol.
When Dr Gundry refers to pressure cooking certain foods to remove the lectins, he's referring to the beans and nightshade vegetables not to any grains, which include oats, sorry. And of course just because something can be pressure cooked doesn't mean it can be eaten with impunity, the glycemic impact has to be considered.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Blissful1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Blissful1 »

I just watched Dr Gundry in a talk from 2016 and he likes grapeseed extract in this talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfr9RPq0HFg
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

In this post is a transcript of our (Theresa's & my) 8th consultation with Dr. Gundry (Feb 2019 - my tardiness for getting this posted!). Links to the other 7 are here. This link has a compilation of links to Gundry, Bredesen & Wahls interviews & etc. in addition to our previous transcripts & labs. In addition to discussing our labs, we have over twenty minutes of more general questions (which is true for our other consultations also).

Most recent food lists. Note, these food lists do not have Dr. Gundry's ApoE4 restrictions. In the animal/fish/dairy realm he suggests we restrict to shellfish, whitefish and omega 3 or pastured eggs. Also he suggests restricting coconut oil and he is unsure if MCT oil is good for E4's.

Consultation transcript:
19_02_19 Consult with Dr Gundry.pdf
Our diet and supplements and other notes.
Theresa:
Female Labs notes supps 19Feb19 redact.pdf
Me:
Male notes diet supp other labs 19Feb19 redact .pdf
Thanks hugely to Theresa who did the yeoman's work of transcribing the consult!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tincup
E3,E4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

See post above for Feb 2019's consult, which I just posted today.

In this post is a transcript of our (Theresa's & my) 9th consultation with Dr. Gundry (Dec 2019 ). Links to the other 8 are here. This link has a compilation of links to Gundry, Bredesen & Wahls interviews & etc. in addition to our previous transcripts & labs. In addition to discussing our labs, we have over twenty minutes of more general questions (which is true for our other consultations also).

Most recent food lists. Note, these food lists do not have Dr. Gundry's ApoE4 restrictions. In the animal/fish/dairy realm he suggests we restrict to shellfish, whitefish and omega 3 or pastured eggs. Also he suggests restricting coconut oil and he is unsure if MCT oil is good for E4's.

Consultation transcript:
19_12_12 Consult with Dr Gundry.pdf
Our diet and supplements and other notes.
Theresa:
Female 12Dec19.pdf
Me:
Male 12Dec19.pdf

From another Gundry patient an annotated food list for E4's:
APOE4.pdf
and a recommendation summary
Recommendation for APOe 4s (1).pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tincup
E3,E4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

In this post is a transcript of our (Theresa's & my) 10th consultation with Dr. Gundry (May 2020 ). In this case, with his PA, Mitzu. Links to the other 9 are here. This link has a compilation of links to Gundry, Bredesen & Wahls interviews & etc. in addition to our previous transcripts & labs. In addition to discussing our labs, we have over twenty minutes of more general questions (which is true for our other consultations also).

Consultation transcript:
20_05_28 Consult w Dr Gundry's PA Mitzu.pdf
Our diet and supplements and other notes:
Notes and Labs Gundry 28May2020.pdf
Our Gundry Labs:
Gundry Female Male 30Apr2020.pdf

Lists specific to ApoE4 from another Gundry patient are linked at the bottom of this post.
Tincup
E3,E4
Anab
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anab »

Thank you so much for all your personal information. It is very helpful. One question could you please tell me what type of niacinamide you prefer [emoji3577]thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Anab wrote:Thank you so much for all your personal information. It is very helpful. One question could you please tell me what type of niacinamide you prefer [emoji3577]thx
I haven't been picky about my Niacinamide, basically I just grab what is on the shelf at the store. But the Now brand is (or at one time was) Consumer Lab's top pick.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Anab
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anab »

Great thanks for getting back to me so soon. So we are talking niacinamide not niacin. Just checking. I used to take niacin with heavy flush as the non flush didn’t seem to work. Then I stopped altogether. So just making sure I don’t get the wrong one. Does niacinamide flush. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk