New Here. Hello!

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Paul8254
New User
New User

New Here. Hello!

Post by Paul8254 »

Hi everyone. My name is Paul and I am 60 and have one copy of the APOE4 gene. Heard a great podcast recently on the topic on "Found My Fitness" and heard about this group. I have type 2 diabetes, so I would assume that my biomarkers are not ideal. I do plan to implement changes in my life and look forward to hearing your stories, tips and ideas on ways to avoid AD in the future.
HopefulCaroline
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Here. Hello!

Post by HopefulCaroline »

Paul8254 wrote:Hi everyone. My name is Paul and I am 60 and have one copy of the APOE4 gene. Heard a great podcast recently on the topic on "Found My Fitness" and heard about this group. I have type 2 diabetes, so I would assume that my biomarkers are not ideal. I do plan to implement changes in my life and look forward to hearing your stories, tips and ideas on ways to avoid AD in the future.
Hello Paul8254,

Welcome! We are so happy that you have found us. I admire your zest and interest in making positive changes in your life. You have come to the right place. This community is full of supportive people and helpful resources. As a new member you might find our Primer of particulate interest. It is an introduction to ApoE4, biochemistry, and possible prevention strategies and was written by one of our members who is also a physician. Our Wiki is also helpful and can address questions around lab test and biomarkers.. Feel free to share your story on the Our Stories section. We look forward to getting to know you.

Sincerely,
Caroline
Caroline
ApoE4.info Intern
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
“What grows never grows old.” -Noah Benshea
Sara
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New Here. Hello!

Post by Sara »

Paul8254 wrote:Hi everyone. My name is Paul ...
Welcome to the ApoE4.info site and kudos on increasing your level of awareness about your ApoE4 status. Please let us know what you are interested in working on pertaining to your health and how we might be able to assist you. Warm Regard, Sara
Certified ReCODE 2.0 Brain Health Coach, MOCA Certified
MBA, Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach, National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Brain Health Professional - Amen University
Surviving loved one who transitioned with AD