recode lab list

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
DianeSC
Contributor
Contributor

recode lab list

Post by DianeSC »

The Apollo Health website does not list the lab tests included with ReCode nor with ReVerse. Are any of you able to post that list here?
DianeSC
Contributor
Contributor

Re: recode lab list

Post by DianeSC »

After more research, I'm starting to realize that I will have to purchase ReCode or ReVerse before I can learn the list of tests. Also realizing that I will not be able to know the cost of a physician who can take the raw results and put it into the ReCode report.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

DianeSC wrote:After more research, I'm starting to realize that I will have to purchase ReCode or ReVerse before I can learn the list of tests. Also realizing that I will not be able to know the cost of a physician who can take the raw results and put it into the ReCode report.
Hi Diane,
Although AHNP has an extensive lists of tests, my understanding is that many functional medicine doctors who have been trained in the Bredesen Protocol choose from tests they view as most relevant to their patient.
Stavia, a physician and member with ApoE 4/4, has a helpful section on biomarkers and recommendations for some tests that you may want to prioritize, especially if you decide to pay out-of-pocket for here: Biomarkers.

Here is a link to our wiki on direct-to consumer testing (which I use occasionally, for levels I want to check). You can order tests and then share the results with your primary care doctor or look on the forum for people with similar results: Direct to Consumer Lab Testing Options

And to find ways to search for test-related topics, and how "quoting" users (using the single quotation mark at the upper right corner of each post) notifies people of your replies, check out How to Get the Most out of the Website

Good luck in finding ways to add to your knowledge and empowerment!
4/4 and still an optimist!
DianeSC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DianeSC »

Thank you, NF52! I'll check on the direct to consumer lab options.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Also realizing that I will not be able to know the cost of a physician who can take the raw results and put it into the ReCode report.
DianeSC, if that's what you were told, it is incorrect. You can call customer support, share your zip code and get pricing for all of the Bredesen-trained physicians near you. If you'd prefer to just do a one-time report, you can do that as well and the information would be directly uploaded to your ReCODE report. I'll also check with the company about not sharing the specific labs for each offering. That seems ridiculous to me. From what I understand, they've been able to secure great discounts on bundling these tests. It seems like they would want to share that information...

Stay tuned, I'll let you know what I find out.
DianeSC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DianeSC »

Julie, thank you! My information comes from the website (including the FAQ) for Apollo. I did not try to contact them. It seems from the Apollo site that I will need to pay a physician or coach to upload results into the report. I'll wait it see what they tell you.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hi DianeSC! I think I understand now. If you choose the one time ReCODE test or the ReCODE Reverse subscription, aside from answering your portion of intake, the report will self-populate. On the other hand, If you order your own tests, your physician will have to enter your values. They are still not publishing the list of tests because they considered it proprietary at one time. I’ve encouraged then to make it public. They’ve secured an excellent price; likely much less than you could get on your own although you should be able to see the list to compare and decide. Also, if you do it on your own, chances are that your insurance would cover many of the labs. Lots to consider!
DianeSC
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DianeSC »

Thank you, Julie! This really helps resolve my confusion!