Video APOE, APOE4, Cholesterol, LDL & Insulin Resistance

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
DaleBru
Contributor
Contributor

Video APOE, APOE4, Cholesterol, LDL & Insulin Resistance

Post by DaleBru »

A few days ago Dr. Nadir Ali posted a 54 minute video on YouTube. https://youtu.be/Q8cfuuyrMgk
I think it is very good information. The full title is "APOE, APOE4, Cholesterol, LDL & Insulin Resistance – links to heart disease & dementia "

The annoying music at the beginning disappears after 2 or 3 minutes.

Best regards,
Dale
aphorist
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Video APOE, APOE4, Cholesterol, LDL & Insulin Resistance

Post by aphorist »

Decent overview. Horrible intro music. He needs to be checked for dementia for inserting that for 3 minutes in the beginning.
anotherdreamer
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anotherdreamer »

Thanks for posting this! It really goes very in depth and I like really understanding what is going on.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Thanks for sharing, DaleBru. This is the interventional cardiologist that will be presenting "The Untold Story of ApoE4" at the low carb conference in Denver and I've been very curious about his message. I look forward to listening.
Decent overview. Horrible intro music. He needs to be checked for dementia for inserting that for 3 minutes in the beginning.
Lol, my friend, thank you for the warning. :lol:
Jefftisza
New User
New User

Post by Jefftisza »

Yes. This is an exceptional video. Interesting tho - in every case where he talks about “fasting”, his corresponding slide presents “intermittent fasting.” He never actually says the word “intermittent”. I mention this as while my 20/4-hour OMAD regime seems to be marginally productive (and quite comfortable for me), I seem to experience the greatest results/progress/benefit via 5-7-10 day fasts, which I tend to do quarterly. I sincerely appreciate his apparent support of fasting. (Whether intermittent or not, on whatever schedule, is clearly an individual kind of thing. Kind regards to all !
HopefulCaroline
Contributor
Contributor

Post by HopefulCaroline »

Jefftisza wrote:Yes. This is an exceptional video. Interesting tho - in every case where he talks about “fasting”, his corresponding slide presents “intermittent fasting.” He never actually says the word “intermittent”. I mention this as while my 20/4-hour OMAD regime seems to be marginally productive (and quite comfortable for me), I seem to experience the greatest results/progress/benefit via 5-7-10 day fasts, which I tend to do quarterly. I sincerely appreciate his apparent support of fasting. (Whether intermittent or not, on whatever schedule, is clearly an individual kind of thing. Kind regards to all !

Hello Jefftisza,
Welcome to the site. We are happy you are here. If you are so inclined, please feel free to share more about what brought you here on the Our Stories section of the site. What benefits have you seen from your fasting experience and were they what you had hoped for? We are always eager to learn from each other. As someone new to the site you may be interested in our Primer, an introduction to ApoE4, biochemistry, and possible prevention strategies written by one of our site members who is also a physician. The Wiki is a great resource and includes more detailed protocols, lab benchmarks as well as a handy How-to guide to help you get the most of the site.

Please feel free to reach out if we can help to support you.

Sincerely,
Caroline
Caroline
ApoE4.info Intern
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
“What grows never grows old.” -Noah Benshea
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Ok, I finally took the time to listen. THIS is everything. I highly encourage everyone to take a view. Dr. Ali, an interventional cardiologist (who is adorable, BTW) has uncovered novel biochemical mechanisms behind ApoE4. His talk provides enormous validation of the approach many of us are using to avoid E4 pathologies. I particularly found his recommendation to use protein to spike insulin to be brilliant and to much more closely align with our ancestral genotype than periodic carb loading. Thank you for sharing, DaleBru.