Denver lunchtime meet-up March 14th 2020 (or Low Carb conference meet-up)

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Denver lunchtime meet-up March 14th 2020 (or Low Carb conference meet-up)

Post by TheresaB »

Is anyone interested in a Denver meet-up? I’m suggesting a lunchtime meeting on Saturday March 14th 2020. Location TBA, but somewhere downtown Denver. This will be coincident with the Low Carb Denver 2020 conference. The conference is being held in downtown Denver Thursday March 12th – Sunday March 15th, I will be attending in full.

However for the purpose of a casual, low cost meet-up, I’m suggesting lunchtime on Saturday, March 14th. If you want to splurge, one day conference tickets are available and at 14:30 that day there will be a presentation “The Untold Story of ApoE4” by interventional cardiologist Dr Nadir Ali. And if you really want to splurge and you can attend the entire conference, the agenda/speakers are all top-notch, this will be the 4th time I’ve attended this conference.

This website provides info on the conference, https://lowcarbconferences.com/?fbclid= ... CYgv0iQUbQ

But again, I’m only suggesting a lunchtime get together. If you plan to attend the conference, all the better. I will be at the meet and greet on Thursday evening, that’s a nice casual time to socialize and connect with folks. So let me/us know if you will be there, otherwise attending the conference, and/or able to make lunch on Saturday.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Christieppic
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Denver lunchtime meet-up March 14th 2020 (or Low Carb conference meet-up)

Post by Christieppic »

I'm new to this forum - both my parents are APOE 4/4, and my mom shared this post with me. I am relatively new to the world of APOE-4's and would love to meet for lunch. I live in Denver.
HopefulCaroline
Contributor
Contributor

Post by HopefulCaroline »

Christieppic wrote:I'm new to this forum - both my parents are APOE 4/4, and my mom shared this post with me. I am relatively new to the world of APOE-4's and would love to meet for lunch. I live in Denver.
Christieppic,
Welcome to the site! What a terrific mom you have. I'm so happy she shared the post with you. To help you get acquainted, I would like to suggest some resources that could be helpful. First is the Primer, an introduction to ApoE4, biochemistry, and possible prevention strategies written by one of our members who is also a physician. The Wiki is also useful and contains details on how to get the most out of the site as well as other more specific information on protocols and ApoE4 aware practitioners. If you are so inclined, we would love to hear more about you. You can share your story in the Our Stories section as well as learn about what brought others here.

I hope the Denver meet-up works out for you.

Sincerely,
Caroline
Caroline
ApoE4.info Intern
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
“What grows never grows old.” -Noah Benshea
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Christieppic wrote:I'm new to this forum - both my parents are APOE 4/4, and my mom shared this post with me. I am relatively new to the world of APOE-4's and would love to meet for lunch. I live in Denver.
Christieppic,

Would love to meet up with you! So far it's just you, me and Tincup. I'm 4/4 and Tincup is 3/4, we've both been with this organization for many years now, so we're a great resource to ask questions of.

I don't know where exactly yet, but the 14th is just around the corner. I'll get on that and will let you, and anyone else interested, now on this thread soon.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Christieppic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Christieppic »

Sounds great, thank you!
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Christieppic wrote: I am relatively new to the world of APOE-4's and would love to meet for lunch. I live in Denver.
For you and anyone else interested (it would be nice if you let me know so we wait for you.) So far it's me, Tincup and Christieppic.

We will meet at:
The Corner Bakery, 500 16th St Denver, CO 80202 (on the 16th St Mall)
39°44'35.9"N 104°59'24.2"W.
Saturday March 14th at 12:15.

They’ve got sandwiches, soups and salads, it’s close to where the Low Carb Denver conference is being held that Tincup and I will be attending. Prices looked reasonable. https://www.cornerbakerycafe.com/menu
Corner Bakery map labeled.jpg
Since it’s a weekend, parking availability is generally pretty good downtown but it still isn’t cheap. The best I saw that was close, was at the Sheraton. The garage entrance is off Court Place (one way street), $12 all day (subject to change I’d imagine). It’s a short walk from the Sheraton to the restaurant. You might also try Parking.com or Park Whiz.com ahead of time.

Another option maybe to take the light rail to downtown and then take the 16th Street mall bus (free) to the Tremont Place stop.

The Corner Bakery is at the Pavilions, on the 16th Street mall but it is tucked in a bit, so from certain angles it is not clearly obvious. Look for the signs that say UNI QLO, that’s the store next door.
Corner Bakery lableled.JPG
I will hang out just inside the door of the restaurant. I am a 5’4’ brunette, shoulder length hair, and will wear this T-shirt so you know it’s me.

Plasmalogen IMG_4443.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Still happening!!!

Despite growing concerns over the coronavirus, the show will go on! The Low Carb Denver conference is still happening, I will still be attending, as will Tincup, and we will still be having an ApoE4 lunchtime meet-up coincident with the conference THIS Saturday.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

Correction about parking.

I had said the garage entrance at the Sheraton is off Court Place (one way street) that is incorrect it is off 15th St (one way) just before getting to Court Place. With the volleyball tournament cancelled, parking shouldn't be hard to get, $12 all day at the Sheraton, cheaper if you go through Park Whiz.com a head of time.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Christieppic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Christieppic »

I'm going to have to miss lunch today! Sorry guys. Would love to meet up another time if possible. Enjoy the conference!