SpectraCell Testing

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
jginorio
Contributor
Contributor

SpectraCell Testing

Post by jginorio »

Hello:
I just received my SpectraCell micronutrient report but I'm having a hard time adjusting the results to what Dr. Bredesen recommends as optimal values in his program. For example, Dr.Bredesen recommends vitamin B6 to be between 60-100mcg/L, in the results i have 65.

Can someone help understand how one relates to the other, or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance...

Jorge
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: SpectraCell Testing

Post by Julie G »

I just received my SpectraCell micronutrient report but I'm having a hard time adjusting the results to what Dr. Bredesen recommends as optimal values in his program. For example, Dr.Bredesen recommends vitamin B6 to be between 60-100mcg/L, in the results i have 65.

Can someone help understand how one relates to the other, or point me in the right direction?
I looked at a sample report for SpectraCell and while it doesn't specify, it appears that they also use micrograms as their unit of measurement based upon the fact that 65 would just be in the green range. You appear to be in the safe range.
AKA
Support Team
Support Team

Post by AKA »

jginorio wrote:Hello:

Thanks in advance...

Jorge
Hello Jorge, Welcome to the apoe4 forum, so glad you found us!

It sure can get confusing with what is optimal for each of us when looking into our lab values! I am still sorting through all of that myself! Your primary practitioner may have better insight into what your optimal would be, and I am sure there are others on the forum that will chime in here.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I do see that Dr. Bredesen gives a little more detail on optimal B6 values in his book, The End of Alzheimer's. On the bottom of page 121, he writes, " For vitamin B6, you don't want to be at the low end (30-50 nanomoles per liter) or over the top, either (>110nmol/L).....You want to shoot for 60-100."

You might also like to take a look at the info on the Bredesen Protocol page in the wiki section of this site.

While you are here, there are two links that you may want to check out. First, there is a section on getting the most out of the Apoe4.info website, you can find it here and second, one of our physician members wrote a primer, it is chock full of information and super interesting.

Again, welcome to the community, Jorge!
I look forward to learning with you.
Warm regards,
aka
NancyM
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NancyM »

I am by no means an expert, but I regularly get Spectracell reports through my integrative medicine physician, and, when I asked why the numbers are so different from what Bredesen recommends, she said Spectracell measures intracellular levels versus blood levels. So it's kind of apples and oranges. Does that make sense to anyone? As a result, I just go by the numbers the Spectracell reports indicate as in the good, borderline, and bad levels.