Question about Supplement Brands

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Exodus
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Question about Supplement Brands

Post by Exodus »

Jafa wrote:Hi Exodus, The product is Swanson ultra activated B-Complex high bioavailability item SWU815.
Thanks, Jafa! :D
roxanne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roxanne »

Jafa wrote:Thankyou Susan and Floramaria. Yes I will stick with Iherb for the bulk of my supplements. I did order a multiB Complex (recommended by Rhonda Patrick for some family members) from Swanson some weeks ago and I’m sure it’s on its way somewhere. With all the lockdowns worldwide the delay is to be expected. I got my homocysteine down to 6 with this product so will continue on it. Yes Susan, Iherb don’t stock some brands.I have another question. I have been taking Ashwaganda and Bacopa for about 3 years now and because of these and other helpful supplements like L theanine and glycine have managed to quit the SSRI. I certainly notice the difference in anxiety if I stop taking, particularly Ashwaganda. I went with the brand Rao recommended in Dale Bredesen’s book for the Bacopa. This is Himilaya and take the Solgar brand Ashwaganda. I’m hoping these are okay and don’t contain any unwanted metals.
Hi Jafa:

Would you mind telling me how many pills of the Swanson B-complex you take a day? I'm at my wits end. I will try it to see if I can lower my homocysteine.
Jafa
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Jafa »

Hi Roxanne, I just take 1 capsule of the Swanson B-complex but also take an extra 12.5mg lozenge of P5P and 500mg TMG. Because both my B12 and Folate levels were crazy high and my homocysteine was not reducing, I halved both of these and followed Chris Masterjohns protocol with sunflower lecithin (or eggs) glycine and creatine. My
Homocysteine still didn’t drop much until I swapped the individual Bs for the Swanson B complex. It does contain riboflavin which I had trialled before without much success. So hang in there Roxanne and experiment, it took me over 3 years to lower mine from 10 or 11 to 6 or 7.
roxanne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roxanne »

Jafa wrote:Hi Roxanne, I just take 1 capsule of the Swanson B-complex but also take an extra 12.5mg lozenge of P5P and 500mg TMG. Because both my B12 and Folate levels were crazy high and my homocysteine was not reducing, I halved both of these and followed Chris Masterjohns protocol with sunflower lecithin (or eggs) glycine and creatine. My
Homocysteine still didn’t drop much until I swapped the individual Bs for the Swanson B complex. It does contain riboflavin which I had trialled before without much success. So hang in there Roxanne and experiment, it took me over 3 years to lower mine from 10 or 11 to 6 or 7.
Thanks Jaffa:
My homocysteine goes from 8.3, then it goes up to 9.1, then 10.4. It never stays the same, trying the same protocol.
I'll try the sunflower lecithin, I'm eating gelatin now for the glycine , and one pill of the Bs complex; hopefully that will be enough. I will retest in 2 months and see if it's working. I will let you know.

Roxanne