Is there something that will chelate mercury

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
LBKnudson
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:58 pm
Location: Utah

Is there something that will chelate mercury

Postby LBKnudson » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:54 am

I have gotten into taking silica water in order to flush aluminum out of my body. Is there anything similar for mercury? Is there a supplement that won't hurt you that would work for that?

User avatar
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 875
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 am
Location: Northern New Mexico

Re: Is there something that will chelate mercury

Postby floramaria » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:35 pm

LBKnudson wrote:I have gotten into taking silica water in order to flush aluminum out of my body. Is there anything similar for mercury? Is there a supplement that won't hurt you that would work for that?

In online webinars, I have heard Dr Shade of Quicksilver Scientific ,who is a specialist in mercury , say that mercury is among the metals that can be detoxed with glutathione. He recommends combining this with binders. Videos are available , though somewhat hard to find, at quicksilverscientific website. On home page, scroll all the way to the bottom. Right hand column has link for video library. There are hundreds. I found mercury tri-test at the bottom of the whole catalogue of videos. I think in that one he probably not only discusses testing, but also detoxification.
You could also go to YouTube and type in Quicksilver’s Mercury Tri-test, which would take you to one of his mercury videos.
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
Qualified ReCODE Practitioner

JD2020
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:22 pm

Re: Is there something that will chelate mercury

Postby JD2020 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:35 pm

I have a lot of experience with Hg chelation. After suffering with a skin condition for 10 years, a NY doc figured out that it was due to mercury toxicity. Thank goodness for the internet and his published research.

The Rx is Chemet, very expensive, unfortunately. It is also not fun to take, for me. I get a lot of side effects from it. Not everyone does. After clearing my skin the first time (I spent most of 2006 going on and off the drug, taking as much as my body would allow), I tried many other things to keep my skin clear. Glutathione, NAC, cilantro, purchased a sauna, etc. I could go on and on. For me, healthy skin requires serious periodic chelation, and Chemet is the only thing that seems to work for me.

User avatar
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 875
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 am
Location: Northern New Mexico

Re: Is there something that will chelate mercury

Postby floramaria » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:55 pm

JD2020 wrote:I have a lot of experience with Hg chelation. After suffering with a skin condition for 10 years, a NY doc figured out that it was due to mercury toxicity. Thank goodness for the internet and his published research.

The Rx is Chemet, very expensive, unfortunately. It is also not fun to take, for me. I get a lot of side effects from it. Not everyone does. After clearing my skin the first time (I spent most of 2006 going on and off the drug, taking as much as my body would allow), I tried many other things to keep my skin clear. Glutathione, NAC, cilantro, purchased a sauna, etc. I could go on and on. For me, healthy skin requires serious periodic chelation, and Chemet is the only thing that seems to work for me.


From your Original post, I thought You were looking for something other than a chelating agent that would remove the mercury. That is why I suggested checking out Quicksilver. If the research I just looked at is correct, then Chemet is DMSA. I did DMSA chelation therapy for a year for lead and cadmium. Probably would not go that route again, though I never had any particular side effects that I knew about.
Since you say Chemet is the only thing that seems to work for you, is it correct to assume that it did work/has worked for you? Did you successfully clear some, but not all of your mercury?
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
Qualified ReCODE Practitioner

JD2020
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:22 pm

Re: Is there something that will chelate mercury

Postby JD2020 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:21 am

I didn't make the OP, I was responding to it. By the end of 2006, my skin was clear and the Hg level per Dr's Data was good. Here is a picture of the disease: https://www.crutchfielddermatology.com/ ... 17-004.asp

There is nothing subtle about the disease. I had over 500 lesions on my trunk, counted when I would get them burned off with a laser just to give me a few weeks of relief from the irritation, itch, pain. The million dollar question is this: if Hg is doing that to my skin, what else is it doing to me that I cannot see and feel?

When my skin starts acting up (long before it gets to the stage shown in the picture), I do a round of Chemet. Last year, I was not able to take the Chemet when I should have, and my skin got bad. After a couple of weeks of the drug, everything returned to normal. I don't take the Dr's Data challenge test anymore - my skin is my barometer.

One time I had a different skin reaction that could not be identified by biopsy, etc. The derm told me that I would have to have individual cortizone shots into each lesion. I asked my regular doc if I could try a round of Chemet, and he said yes. During the couple of weeks, skin slowly returned to normal. After that round of chelation, we did the Dr's Data test to see what was being pulled out. My lead levels were sky high, even after that first round of chelation. Apparently my skin is super reactive to heavy metal toxicity. I continued to chelate for a while to bring down the lead. So yes, Chemet has worked for me for lead and mercury.

User avatar
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team
Posts: 875
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 am
Location: Northern New Mexico

Re: Is there something that will chelate mercury

Postby floramaria » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:47 pm

JD2020 wrote:I didn't make the OP, I was responding to it. By the end of 2006, my skin was clear and the Hg level per Dr's Data was good. Here is a picture of the disease: https://www.crutchfielddermatology.com/ ... 17-004.asp

There is nothing subtle about the disease. I had over 500 lesions on my trunk, counted when I would get them burned off with a laser just to give me a few weeks of relief from the irritation, itch, pain. The million dollar question is this: if Hg is doing that to my skin, what else is it doing to me that I cannot see and feel?

When my skin starts acting up (long before it gets to the stage shown in the picture), I do a round of Chemet. Last year, I was not able to take the Chemet when I should have, and my skin got bad. After a couple of weeks of the drug, everything returned to normal. I don't take the Dr's Data challenge test anymore - my skin is my barometer.

One time I had a different skin reaction that could not be identified by biopsy, etc. The derm told me that I would have to have individual cortizone shots into each lesion. I asked my regular doc if I could try a round of Chemet, and he said yes. During the couple of weeks, skin slowly returned to normal. After that round of chelation, we did the Dr's Data test to see what was being pulled out. My lead levels were sky high, even after that first round of chelation. Apparently my skin is super reactive to heavy metal toxicity. I continued to chelate for a while to bring down the lead. So yes, Chemet has worked for me for lead and mercury.

Thanks, JD2020. Duhhhh. :oops: sorry I missed the very important fact that you are not the same author as the first post! Do you think you are having continuous exposure to heavy metals, or is this all from what is already stored in your body?
I had a neighbor who had the same sort of intense skin reaction as you to heavy metal toxicity. He also did chelation and his skin cleared. If you wouldn't mind sharing some of the details, I am curious as to your Chemet use. Since your initial detox in 2006, how many more times have you done it? When you do "periodic chelation" with Chemet do you do 500 mg 3X day for three days on, then 11 days off? or some other protocol?
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
Qualified ReCODE Practitioner

laurie
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:04 pm
Location: Melrose
Contact:

Re: Is there something that will chelate mercury

Postby laurie » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:08 pm

LBKnudson wrote:I have gotten into taking silica water in order to flush aluminum out of my body. Is there anything similar for mercury? Is there a supplement that won't hurt you that would work for that?


There is a very safe and effective way to remove mercury taking a L-selenomethionine supplement. Selenium is essential to the body. L-selenomethione detoxifies mercury and facilitates its elimination. There is a study in China (2012) that demonstrated that targeted detox of humans being chronically exposed to mercury is possible by taking 100mcg of selenomethionine daily for twelve weeks. The group being supplemented with selenomethionine had significantly enhanced urinary excretion of mercury. Li, Y-F, et al.; Organic selenium supplementation increases mercury excretion and decreases oxidative damage in long-term mercury exposed residents from Wanshan, China; Environ. Sci. Technol.; 46:11313-18 (2012) My husband Dennis N Crouse who is a chemist has done an evidenced based write up about this method. https://prevent-alzheimers-autism-stroke.blogspot.com/2019/07/mercury-detox-using-selenium-method.html
"True prevention is only possible by first discovering the cause of a disease such as Alzheimer's."
Dennis N Crouse

JD2020
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:22 pm

Re: Is there something that will chelate mercury

Postby JD2020 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:43 pm

Floramaria –

Initially I thought the Hg must be in my environment, so I took many steps to address environment. For example, I did not eat any fish for several years. Addressing environment didn’t seem to make a difference.

When I had the lead crisis, my doc said that the lead could be in my bones. We hope to absorb calcium when we are young, but if the environment is polluted, we can absorb other metals. When we age, the bones release density. The lead crisis was perfectly timed with my changing hormones. He said the situation is not that unusual – just my skin reaction was unusual.

My theory is that the Hg is leaching from my bones. The Grover’s disease surfaced during my first pregnancy, and I remember my gyn telling me that bone mineral density decreases during pregnancy. This is just a theory – a story for me to make for myself so this disease makes sense to me.

It takes a bottle to clear my skin, which is convenient, because after a bottle I have to give my body a rest to rebuild blood. A potential side effect is neutropenia, and I get that side effect. Much of 2006 was spent with me taking pills and getting blood tests to figure out how long I could safely treat. The Chemet also makes me feel bad, and getting on and off of it is the hardest part. If I could do one long treatment, that would be best, but I cannot.

I take a bottle, and I take as much as I can stand, between 4 – 7 pills a day, so 400 mg – 700 mg per day. I start out low and work up, as allowed by side effects. I try to get through the process within 2 weeks. Dr. Dantzig discovered the Grover’s disease/Hg connection, and in his paper, he described dosing of 200 – 300 mg TID for one to two months. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10. ... -200046177

The others who I knew who were trying out the treatment shortly after the paper was published all needed to stay on for longer to get clear skin. But then, we were the people who had had unrelenting disease for years and years and years. It comes and goes for most people.

For my first round, I was on for one month. My skin was clearing, I had adjusted to the med, and I felt great! One huge surprise was that my insomnia lessened so that I was able to get off Ambien….after 7 years. Later I learned that Hg can be a huge contributor to insomnia. But the blood work came out badly, I had very low neutrophils, and I had to take a break.

I am aware of chelation protocols where people take high doses for 3 days, rest 11, then continue for 3 days. If I did that, then I would be wrecked for those 3 days. It also doesn’t make sense to me. You take the drug, maybe trigger movement of Hg, which I’m told is when it does most harm, and then stop, many times. Better I think to take the drug consistently and consistently lower the body’s burden.

LBKnudson
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:58 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Is there something that will chelate mercury

Postby LBKnudson » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 pm

Thank you all. This is very interesting and helpful.


Return to “Prevention and Treatment”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

 

 

cron