Acetone breath Reader?

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Richard McG
Contributor
Contributor

Acetone breath Reader?

Post by Richard McG »

Not really getting into on this finger pricking daily or multiple times a day..... :o

Just wondering could I supplement with an Acetone Breath Reader? If so any recommendations friends?

Looking at this one on amazon....

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Stay safe.
52 years of age, 4/4, BMI ~19, Omad, No cognitive decline as of yet ;)
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: Acetone breath Reader?

Post by TheresaB »

Julie just talked about this in her recent interview with Dr Bredesen, you might want to take a listen.

But she discussed this meter https://mybiosense.com/
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Richard McG wrote:Not really getting into on this finger pricking daily or multiple times a day..... :o
Just wondering could I supplement with an Acetone Breath Reader? If so any recommendations friends?
Richard, I've had a Ketonix for 5 or so years. Things I've learned. BHB is the storage form of ketones, acetone generally represents actual real time production of acetoacetate. The founder of Ketonix has adult onset epileptic seizures and discovered that seizure control was better correlated with acetone levels than BHB. Years ago, I linked a graph here (now broken link) that showed how BHB would increase over time on a water fast, while acetone was relatively constant. This being said, the Ketonix meter sensor will react to ethanol, methane as well as acetone. So drinking alcohol can impact the reading. So can eating a high resistant starch (fiber) diet (methane from gut bugs). As this is what I eat, I found the readings fairly meaningless, unless I was water fasting. I emailed the biosense folks about this last night and will report their answers when they respond. I know Julie also eats a high fiber diet, so the biosense may handle this.
Tincup
E3,E4
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

From the Biosense team: ". Our sensor does respond to ethanol and methanol but not methane."
Tincup
E3,E4