Virtual Meet-up (formerly called Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program)

Conferences, webinars, and other gatherings; online and in person.
Exodus
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Virtual Book Club: The End of Alzheimer's Program

Post by Exodus »

JML wrote:
CoachDD wrote:I'd like to join too if that's okay. I believe you have my email "on file" ~ but if not, PM me and I'll send it over right away.
Just sent you the calendar invitation!
I'd like to join, JML, please send particulars ;)

Thanks bunches for doing this!!!

Exodus
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I just learned that Dr. Bredesen and his wife will be able to pop in for the first 10-15 minutes; very exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone later today. :D
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Bharati wrote:Thank you so much for organising this JML. Hoping to join you all today and looking forward to hopefully getting the link
Just sent you the Zoom information in a Private Message. Glad you can join.
Julie L
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Exodus wrote:I'd like to join, JML, please send particulars ;)
Just sent you a Private Message with the information. Glad you can join.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

If anybody has dial-in info for today's meeting, I'd appreciate if you would PM me that information. The Bredesens will be on the road. Thanks!
Jane S
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jane S »

Julie G., the section-by-section summary of the book that you offered would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to all this. And at today's book club meeting, I saw what an amazing resource you all are! I bet it would help many of us. Thanks!
-- Jane --
(daughter, granddaughter, and niece of people who lived with Alzheimer's)
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Julie G., the section-by-section summary of the book that you offered would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to all this. And at today's book club meeting, I saw what an amazing resource you all are! I bet it would help many of us. Thanks!
Sure, Jane. I'd be happy to do that. If you'll note, there is a very brief bulleted "Action Plan" that follows each of the nutrition chapters (4-11) in the handbook portion of the book, distilling the information into simple actionable information. If others are interested, I could share similar action items, that summarize Dr. Bredesen's information, for exercise, sleep, stress, brain stimulation, detoxification, and supplements.

Huge thanks to JML for organizing. How wonderful to have Dr. Bredesen and his wife join! As always, I'm so inspired by each of you and continue to learn from everyone. I'm repeatedly struck by the immediate connection that we form based on our genetic connection and shared interests. Our group is a wealth of information that can only result from having skin in the game and actively working to maintain and improve cognition and our overall health daily. I'm really looking forward to our next meet-up.
Bharati
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bharati »

I would like to say I felt so inspired and moved by being part of the Virtual Book Club yesterday. And thank everyone for their contributions and care. I was particularly struck by the feeling of 'family' and the concern and care that people showed for one another. I would love to have the summaries that you talk about Julie G and also really look forward to our next meet-up.
Sue Bharati x
Sue Bharati
ApoE 3 / 4
notmygenes56
Contributor
Contributor

Post by notmygenes56 »

I, too, really did enjoy our virtual book club meeting yesterday. I learned a little bit from everyone of you and am impressed by the knowledge that members shared in our group session. Thanks for putting this all together and I look forward to future meetings.
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

The first virtual book club was a success, so we've decided to do a second session! It will be on Saturday November 7 at 3:30 pm CT. I will send a calendar invitation to all of you who gave me your emails for the last session.

If you would like to attend and don't receive the calendar invitation, let me know and I will send you the zoom log in information.

If anyone wants to send questions ahead to discuss, just let me know.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4