Post examples of your meals here

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post examples of your meals here

Post by Stavia »

Free range organic roast chicken. I won't eat the skin. Sauerkraut (organic, innoculated with the good bacteria. Refrigetated). Salad with a tablespoon or two of EVOO. Cucumber, baby spinach, capsicum, avocado, tomato.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Post examples of your meals here

Post by Stavia »

Meal on the run in my car. Pls note reading material.
Sashimi. Salad stuff. Apple. Water bottle to wash it all.
(Ps. The price is not US dollars)
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Sashimi ... great idea! I'm so used to going for the rolls. I like getting the seaweed, not for anything E4 that I'm aware of, but just because sea veggies seem good? And the rice *may* have resistant starch, but the rolls make me bloated (carageenan in the seaweed?), so I will try sashimi :-)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Looks yummy, Stavia. Is the guest room still ready? :D

Here's an idea for when you're craving carby comfort food. I steam a bag of frozen cauliflower. Once it's quite soft, I pour out any remaining water, toss in two pastured eggs and smash everything with a potato masher. The eggs cook from the heat of the cauliflower and bind the cauliflower. I season liberally with salt, garlic, fresh cracked pepper and drizzle moderately with high polyphenol EVOO. I like to garnish with small shavings of Manchego (goat cheese) that melts right in. My version of "Mac n' Cheez."
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Speaking of cauliflower, I no longer eat legumes, so hummus went by the wayside. Until I found this recipe.

Easy no-bean hummus http://www.dailybitesblog.com/2012/08/1 ... an-hummus/ (it does use tahini, and also almond flour which you can swap out for sunflower)

I've served it at parties and NO ONE has ever guessed there is cauliflower in it.

You can do your usual veggie dippers, or if you eat a little higher in the carb arena, make these plantain crackers. Absolutely easy and addictive. http://www.thepaleomom.com/2012/09/plan ... -free.html

Use the hummus as the base for a meal (like a lettuce wrap with roasted veggies), and have leftovers as a snack.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Oh my Julie that looks amazing.
Of course the guest room is ready ;)
Pls can you post yr foolproof EVOO mayo here?

About to make my staple veggie soup. The meat is a grass fed shin bone. The brown stuff to the left of the meat is leftover gelatiny stuff from a roast chicken. The brothy gelled stuff.
The packet top right is spinach.
asiagillett
Contributor
Contributor

Post by asiagillett »

Ok, I have no picture but one thing I eat a lot of is gazpacho. You can get a good recipe anywhere. It's a staple for me. The recipe I use is from the againstallgrains website. Someone else here has posted about them. I love their recipes.

I also have been making my own artichoke pesto. I just take artichoke hearts, olive oil, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, sea salt, red pepper and a little plain greek yogurt. Blend it up and yum. I like it on crackers, meat (when I have it), and veggies.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Wow! These all look noms!!! Thanks for posting, all. And it's pretty much the way I've been eating...except for the last three weeks...all of my food is Medifast save for dinner. :) And that always consists of 1 1/2 cups of green leafies and 5 oz of tuna steak or Alaskan salmon, or 6 oz of white meat chicken or tofu. Ah, dieting. lol

Hope to get back to my nuts (and the rest of the bolts) soon! :)
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Tonight's fare: husband-prepared-and-cooked tuna steak with broccoli. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Easy dinner. Sweat onions, add bottle passata, many assorted non starchy rainbow veggies, shellfish of your choice. Herbs. Bulky and low calorie.
See below for pic.
Last edited by Stavia on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.