Glen Campbell's last song

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Glen Campbell's last song

Post by LillyBritches »

Oh, sweetheart. I am SO, SO sorry about Billy. :( My heart and love go out to him, his family, and you and your entire family.
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

One of my grandfather's was called Billy all of his life. Perhaps, you have heard of the Billy Boy song? Can she make a cherry pie? Time for the resveratrol in the cherrie pie Billy Boy.

The song of the day is the Billy Boy song.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Inevitable, but still crazy-tragic and sad:

https://www.yahoo.com/music/glen-campbe ... stone.html

You're still fiercely shredding in my mind, Glen. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-sExIV ... -sExIVBVaw
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Julie - how is Billy?
Thx4thegenes
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Thx4thegenes »

Juliegee, I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. So young.

LillyB, thank you for sharing the You Tube videos of Glen Campbell. Most of us have grown up in that era. So fond memories, for sure. That is so sad.
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Oh (((Julie))) so sorry. Hoping that with the right interventions your cousin's prognosis improves.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Sadly, he's not well. His AD is progressing. I've spoken with both him (and his wife) to try to convince him to practice the strategies outlined in Dr. B's approach. He was basically too depressed and unwilling to try. He said it felt too hard. :(.
BerniF
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BerniF »

So sorry Julie he certainly couldn't have a better person to help him. Has he read any of the case studies? They might encourage him.
ApoE 3/4
Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Silverlining »

Julie, I feel your pain re: Billy. I imagined you feel some helplessness, sadness and frustration. It's going on with my family too. My father's sister, 80 yrs who we factually know is a possible 4/4 and exhibiting noticeable cognitive impairment is in denial and not interested in delving into the subject with me. In fact her doctor assures her she does not have/is not "getting" AD. To be honest it's her daughter, my cousin, I've tried to dialog with a couple of times. My overtures were met with disinterest and the last time veiled irritation/hostility. She says her mom says "I just have memory problems like my daddy did". The worst part of that statement is her daddy, my grandfather, didn't really exhibit overt cognitive decline and he died at 81 yrs of mesothelioma, spending much of his life in construction. Her mother, my grandmother, on the other hand did experience enough cognitive decline in her late 80's that she needed full time supervision although she could care for herself physically. She died of heart failure at 89 yrs. This whole scenario makes me feel frustrated, really frustrated.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

Thx4thegenes wrote: LillyB, thank you for sharing the You Tube videos of Glen Campbell. Most of us have grown up in that era. So fond memories, for sure. That is so sad.
You're welcome, hon. :) Yeppers...so incredibly bittersweet.