Copper...nuggets of wisdom

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Copper...nuggets of wisdom

Post by J11 »

After reading more about aluminum and silicon, I am not as sure that it should be used for AD prevention/treatment.
There is some mention that silicon could precipitate aluminum into aluminosilicates. However, the balance of evidence appears in favor. There is substantial uncertainty about this treatment and as there is minimal commercial interest in developing it this uncertainty is likely to persist. Those pursuing silicon therapy could post urinary aluminum and cognitive scores to forum's wiki. Perhaps the Buck Institute could help out with cognitive testing.

Just to see if anyone is paying attention, I should mention that our loved one with AD has been treated with MPL A.

This news broke almost 2 years ago and there was considerable excitement at the time.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 143852.htm

http://www.pnas.org/content/110/5/1941.full

Something that seems to have been overlooked is that MPL A is already available. In fact, girls in many developed
nations have received a few doses of it. Women might receive protection against AD, though they might have to be
caregivers for the men who do not receive the vaccine.

See page 21. Cervarix contains 50 micrograms of MPL A. Unfortunately, it also contains 0.5 mg of AL3+.

http://www.gsk.ca/english/docs-pdf/prod ... rvarix.pdf

In the PNAS study mice received weekly doses of 50 micrograms of MPL A.
With Cervarix vaccination, people receive three 50 microgram doses. The vaccine dose of MPL A is much less
than the mice received, though it still might offer some protection.

MPL A is a very well researched vaccine adjuvant and a doctor might be able to obtain it.

http://www.enzolifesciences.com/ALX-581 ... dy-to-use/

If anyone finds a supplier for human use, please post the information to the forum.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

A nugget for Asia

Somewhere in a thread she asks If all this exercising is doing something? Or close to that wording. In a new French study. The study found that when exercising stopped, so did the protective effects. Also, that women that exercised regularly of at least 4 hours per week were 10 percent less likely to be diagnosed with breast cancer. This is in article from Irene maher a Tampa bay times staff writer. The article should be read in it's entirety and the study as well is my thinking as there is more context to be understood.

Also, in my reading I have found that higher calcium and vitamin d seems to be something that reduces heart disease in women, however I have not read enough to create a summary/ plan, etc, because I have not read enough at this time. Looks like it may be worth pursuing for further information.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

J11 wrote:After reading more about aluminum and silicon, I am not as sure that it should be used for AD prevention/treatment.
There is some mention that silicon could precipitate aluminum into aluminosilicates. However, the balance of evidence appears in favor.
That's my assessment, after having gone through the literature. I can't get info on the levels in my city's water supply, so I'm intending to supplement with this:

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Ja ... ules/51148

Other forms are available as supplements; next time I'll do more research first.
J11 wrote:Just to see if anyone is paying attention
:lol:

Thanks for the info! I confess I'd never heard of monophosphoryl lipid A. Now on my list of things to look into.

GB
asiagillett
Contributor
Contributor

Post by asiagillett »

Thanks WA! Just spun my little heart out in a spin class, WHICH I HATE! Exercise for me brings mental clarity too o many reasons to do it.
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

I have found another trial using silica water in AD.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT0 ... ter&rank=2

Notice the silica content.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithia_%28water_brand%29

It would be wonderful if this trial could provide cognitive changes in a larger sample of randomized AD patients using silica water. However, there are many flaws with the trial. It does not appear that the investigators realize that silica might help in AD, as they are giving the placebo group spring water. (Spring water might be high in silica). Further, they are only dosing with Lithia water for 4 weeks and are not measuring urinary aluminum levels. Dosing for such a short period of time might result in cognitive decline in the active group as it takes some time to chelate the aluminum out of the body. There is no mention of possible stratification by gender or severity of illness.

This trial might add more confusion than clarity to the question. It appears that they are about to waste quite a bit of money conducting this trial.

They should have asked us for help before starting up this trial!
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

The Lithia water from ga. I tried to find if you could buy it about a month ago and could not find anything online. It appeared as though they shut down after their claims of any benefit could not be substantiated was my best conclusion from my research. That conclusion may not be accurate?. I have a Lithia springs park in the Lithia area outside of Tampa. It is a county or state park but they did not bottle their water or make any claims. One of the giant phosphate companies owns the spring and uses a large chunk of the flow in their operations. You would think that with all the bottle water companies that one of them would have tried to bottle and sell Lithia water by now. It appears any spring with the word Lithia in the name produces this type of water, however since there is very little I could find online, I could not find one selling Lithia water. And of course, I am not inspired by some huckster pricing if I could find any. I am not ready to award the Ponce de Leon fountain of youth title at this time to any Lithia spring waters.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

I think that if you can find Lithia water at the same price as other spring drinking water that it will not be overpriced and it will not hurt you to drink the water and may help, but until further information can be found that is the strength of any endorsement at this time by me. It will be nice to see what their study concludes. If I could find cheàp Lithia water I would not be opposed to throwin a glass or two down the old hatch.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

If elon musk's lithium battery plant does not work out well, he may be able to pour water from Lake Tahoe over his stockpiles of lithium and create different concentràtes of Lithia water for sale. Always have a plan b if plan a does not work out so well.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

Another copper nugget that I have not discussed is the finishing feed of pigs. Most likely due to I have not read the entire article. However, it appears to make pigs grow fatter they increase the copper in their feed. However, if given too much copper that does not happen due to possible liver damage. So, it is now that I ask did the increased copper in dietary or other means cause people to put on weight as well, etc. Ooh wait I think I just saw a rabbit, yep I just saw a rabbit.
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

J11- Yes, these researchers should consult with us before designing their studies!

I'm going to try to take the same approach I took with lithium: find out how much is in my water supply, supplement if it's low.

GB