Post examples of your meals here

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
pgf54
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Post examples of your meals here

Post by pgf54 »

Capturelunch.JPG
Capturebf.JPG
Here is my breakfast lunch and dinner, I also have a few nuts,almons walnuts and one brazil for selenium.
Breakfast is mainly the same, chia, quinoa, oats, flax,pumpkin and sunflower seeds no fat yoghurt, asst fruit and a glass beetroot juice.
Lunch is an asst salad but always includes sweet potatoand beans and hommus and lots raw veggies.
The evening meal includes some fish or tofu and steam vegies, plus beans or lentils and more sweet potato, also a little tomato and yeast flakes.
Any comments welcome. ps This comes in under my daily 1800 calories.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't wait for your ship to come in, row out to meet it.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

P, my husband would do well with your choices. Me, well, my innards would be tied up in knots for days. Beans and lentils are not my friends. :lol:

Finally remembered to take some pics. Here are 2 recent breakfasts.
B1.jpg
Sweet potato and kale hash with onions, red pepper, some leftover roast beef, celery salt and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Tangerine.

B2.jpg
2 eggs omelette with spinach, mushrooms, kalamata olives and herbs de provence; and asparagus with EVOO (because I felt like eating asparagus in spite of being terribly out of season. A girls gotta splurge sometimes. ;) )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Yum Paul & Susan! Here's a very typical dinner for us; baked cod with almond flour & lemon with a side salad moderately drizzled with high polyphenol EVOO.
image.jpg
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

How come I can't find Julienne's mayo recipe? Wasn't it posted in this thread? Couldn't pull it up too easily using search either :-(
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

This is about one cup cooked Trader Joe's rice/quinoa pasta with chicken breast, three colors cauliflower, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes and alder wood smoked salt and EVOO. I usually add spinach to my bowl but forgot so will make a salad... Oh fudge, Tapatalk was upgraded and won't let me upload the photo. Anyhoo, looks weird but tastes good!
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Julienne where do u get your cod? My seafood checker says unlike salmon, Atlantic cod is better than Pacific afa mercury ...
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Hey Circ, you're still thinly slicing my name :lol: Here's the link for the mayo: http://thehealthyfoodie.com/fail-proof- ... compliant/

I've been getting my wild caught Atlantic cod at Sam's. I love it because it's flash frozen and individually wrapped. I recently realized, to my chagrin, that it's packaged in CHINA :? That's disconcerting...I'm looking for a new source.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Wow, that is insane. Caught in the Atlantic and packaged in China. I once bought some frozen fish at Walmart and it had that additive that's to be avoided (forget the name). I believe it's used to keep frizen fish "fresh" when it isn't?

Edit: Try saying *that* 10 times fast ... "frizen fish fresh frizen fish fresh frizen fish fresh frizen ..." :lol:

Mince
Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Silverlining »

I finally have a contribution to this thread! It is a humble hummus. I do not like the taste of tahini so I made up my own hummus. Garbanzo beans, high polyphenol EVOO, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt.
Welcomeaboard
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Welcomeaboard »

What also sucks is your shrimp is not your shrimp. I could post a picture of both shrimp but since they look like shrimp unless your dog was a trained shrimp smeller you could not tell the difference. So onto the protein of the story. There was an article several days ago that around 35 percent of all shrimp labeled wild caught gulf shrimp or gulf shrimp is actually farm raised shrimp, from who knows where. They were able to genetically identify the strain of shrimp to confirm it was not caught in the Gulf of Mexico. They did say that gulf shrimp is supposed to have a salty taste, so have any of you tasted any salt in your shrimp? And heavens forbid if you have a genetic failed taster.
Basically the farm raised crooks can sell their shrimp for several dollars more per pound and not get caught so they do, they did not say when the bad label was created by the farmer or the fish house or the shrimper.
The good news I guess is that you are supposed to be happy because you have a 65 percent chance of not being ripped off.