APOE4 CNN Feature

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

APOE4 CNN Feature

Post by Admin »

In-case you missed it, our own Julie was interviewed and featured on a story that appeared on CNN today.

We may be able to reverse signs of early Alzheimer's disease
Sandraz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: APOE4 CNN Feature

Post by Sandraz »

Just read it! What a great interview that give hope for memory decline! Go Julie! That was great! :D
Sandra Z
E4,E4
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

That's definitely the best coverage yet!!!!!! I don't know who instigated the article, but I'm so happy about it. When the time comes, it will be the best for introducing my family to the whole shebang. A media milestone for our community :-)
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Thank you for the kind words. Yes :oops: I was definitely stepping outside of my comfort zone by talking to CNN. Remembering those early days, first learning of my 4/4 status, was very difficult...made even harder by the fact that I WAS having symptoms.

I'm grateful to have the opportunity to show that lifestyle (diet, exercise, meditation, supplements) CAN have a positive impact on cognitive health. I'm hopeful that by sharing this message, others will get the idea that they can exert some control over their brain health as opposed to waiting for Big Pharma to rescue them. How blessed we are to be partnering with Dr. Bredesen in extending his research.
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by SusanJ »

Julie, I think we all feel deep gratitude for taking the risk to tell your story to the world. There is still such a stigma to Alzheimer's and you put yourself out there. 8-)

With apologies to James Brown, "Say it loud, I'm E4 and I'm proud."
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Alzheimer's Association rep says:"Outside of a supervised research setting, no one should adopt these specific ideas to try to improve their, or a loved one's memory and thinking," he said. "We simply don't know what the effect would be."
Heck Julie, I didn't know you are such a risk taker: meditating 2x/day, fasting 12 hours/day, cutting out processed foods, including sugar, grains and other starches and including raw organic vegetables drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and wild caught fish. Also adding in more fermented foods.

You just don't know what the effect would be...
Tincup
E3,E4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

LOL, George :lol: I guess most of us here are living life on the edge.
Gina99
Contributor
Contributor

APOE4 CNN Feature

Post by Gina99 »

As I told one doctor, desperate measures for desperate people. You go JulieGee.
LillyBritches
Contributor
Contributor

Post by LillyBritches »

(((Julie))) I parrot everyone's sentiment - THANK YOU from the bottom of my pea-pickin' heart - I know how very difficult this was for you, girlfriend. I do. You are incredibly selfless and we are happily indebted. :D

George - :lol:
I'm just a oily slick in a windup world with a nervous tick.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Julie, you are a hero. Thank you so so much for putting yourself out there, you are very brave.
xxx