Peter Attia podcast - Advancing Alzheimers disease treatment

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Kenny4/4
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Peter Attia podcast - Advancing Alzheimers disease treatment

Post by Kenny4/4 »

Larsmars11 wrote:just bought Alzheimers Turning Point on Amazon for $37 plus shipping. can't believe Attia never asked G-L about Bredesen's theory on amyloid and the ReCODE Protocol. one them is wrong, and I would love to see a debate between them. they differ completely on beta-amyloid and probabilities of copies of E4 causing AD, altho they agree on a ketogenic diet and exercise. but if G-L is right that genetics only cause 10% of AD, we have a lot of people terrified probably needlessly. does anybody know what Bredesen thinks of the vascular theory of AD and why he doesn't agree ? if G-L is right , I guess we should all b learning how to get methylene blue into our bodies. and I wish Attia had asked G-L about vitamins , minerals and hormones. L.
Yes they both have two different theories on Alzheiner’s Causes but perhaps has my Swedish grandmother once said.- “maybe they’re both right”

What a great podcast. Well worth the time spent.

Brain energy systems
Brain damage through trauma, hypoxia, chemical damage and oxidation
Mitochondrial health
Blood pressure
Vascular insults

Gosh! a whole new list of things to work on.
I guess it looks like it’s back to my kitchen to get cracking on some Keto cookin.
Larsmars11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Larsmars11 »

would anyone (Julie G?) b able to connect w Bredesen and ask him if he condones or recommends methylene blue for AD patients, and if so in what dosage ? (it's Hail Mary time for my wife). btw in "The End of AD", Bredesen says the vascular form of AD yields "small strokes", which if true, G-L never mentioned. L.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

Larsmars11 wrote:would anyone (Julie G?) b able to connect w Bredesen and ask him if he condones or recommends methylene blue for AD patients, and if so in what dosage ? (it's Hail Mary time for my wife). btw in "The End of AD", Bredesen says the vascular form of AD yields "small strokes", which if true, G-L never mentioned. L.
There was a methylene blue thread here a little over a year ago.
Tincup
E3,E4
NewRon
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by NewRon »

If the interview was anything to go by, his hypothesis certainly seems very promising. I was quite impressed (but bear in mind, I'm not a medical person). I'm kind of surprised there isn't more discussion about it here.
Apo E4/E4, Male, Age 60
johnseed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by johnseed »

[quote="Ski", "NewRon", "LarsMars11", "JimBG", "Kennt4/4", "Tincup" ] Interesting podcast with Professor of Neuroscience and Pharmacology & Toxicology.

Methylene Blue coming up again as a treatment.
A bold statement by him stating that "Amyloid Plaques are not causally related to late-onset Alzheimers at all" .

https://peterattiamd.com/franciscogonzalezlima/[/quote]

I just heard Gonzales-Lima on the Peter Attia podcast so I'm half a year late into this discussion but I hope that some of the folks that contributed to this thread in January might want to revive the discussion.

I'm fairly new on apoe4.info and I know that by "quoting" you Ski, you receive an email linking you to this post. If I want to invite the other folks who participated in this thread in January do I have to quote each of them individually or is there some simpler way?

I was very excited by how erudite and plausible his arguments sounded.

The only thing that didn’t ring true to me was the fact that in spite of billions spent on fruitless Alzheimer’s research, his support from colleagues is so underwhelming. I guess that’s true with Dr Bredesen also though.

As cardiolvr pointed out, a shame that there was no mention of APOe4, would've liked to hear how he thinks that APOe4 triggers the metabolic disfunctions he believes responsible for AD.

Like Larsmars11, I would love to see a debate between Gonzales-Lima and Bredesen or, better still, for both to be part of a discussion, and it occurs to me that if a number of us from APOe4.info were to approach Peter Attia, introduce him to APOe4.info and pitch him the idea of a podcast on APOe4 and Dr Bredesen's work and see whether Dr Bredesen would be open to a discussion with Dr Gonzales-Lima as part of this.

If Peter Attia wasn't Interested, Perhaps Rhonda Patrick https://www.foundmyfitness.com/ would be. She has an APOe4 allele herself , did a great podcast with Dr Bredesen last October and would surely be fascinated by Dr Gonzales-Lima's assertions..
Last edited by johnseed on Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

johnseed wrote:
Ski wrote:Interesting podcast with Professor of Neuroscience and Pharmacology & Toxicology.

Methylene Blue coming up again as a treatment.
A bold statement by him stating that "Amyloid Plaques are not causally related to late-onset Alzheimers at all" .

https://peterattiamd.com/franciscogonzalezlima/
I just heard Gonzales-Lima on the Peter Attia podcast so I'm half a year late into this discussion but I hope that some of the folks that contributed to this thread in January might want to revive the discussion....Like Larsmars11, I would love to see a debate between Gonzales-Lima and Bredesen or, better still, for both to be part of a discussion, and it occurs to me that if a number of us from APOe4.info were to approach Peter Attia, introduce him to APOe4.info and pitch him the idea of a podcast on APOe4 and Dr Bredesen's work and see whether Dr Bredesen would be open to a discussion with Dr Gonzales-Lima as part of this.

If Peter Attia wasn't Interested, Perhaps Rhonda Patrick https://www.foundmyfitness.com/ would be. She has an APOe4 allele herself , did a great podcast with Dr Bredesen last October and would surely be fascinated by Dr Gonzales-Lima's assertions..

I'm fairly new on apoe4.info and I know that by "quoting" you Ski, you receive an email linking you to this post. If I want to invite the other folks who participated in this thread in January do I have to quote each of them individually or is there some simpler way?...
Hi Johnseed,
You did a great job of using quotes so that "Ski" will get an email notification of your post! And you're correct that to be sure users who posted on this thread see your above suggestion would require "quoting" each, or hoping they subscribe to this thread, or check unread posts (eyeball icon with slash through it by your user name.)

Any topic that interests you is a good one to use the subscribe feature. All you have to do is go to the top of the post on the left, click on the wrench icon to get pull-down choices and then click on "subscribe". You will now be notified of any new posts on this topic until you choose to "unsubscribe" using the same wrench.

Here's a way to quote individual multiple users quickly. Click on the pencil icon in upper right to "edit" your post. Then on the editing/posting page, click on the brackets before and after "ski"'s name and then insert the user name of other posters, with quotes around their name. Here's a few to get folks notified of your post;
NewRon wrote:
LarsMars11 wrote:
JimBG wrote:
Kennt4/4 wrote:
Tincup wrote:
. Go for it, guys!!
4/4 and still an optimist!
PJD@4411
Contributor
Contributor

Post by PJD@4411 »