Reduction of Aß
The thirteenth intervention to reverse mild Alzheimer's in the Bredesen Protocol is:
- Goal: Reduction of Aß
- Approach: Curcumin, Ashwagandha
Aß (Amyloid beta) is the main component of the amyloid plaques found in the brains of Alzheimer patients.
Consider taking anti-inflammatory herbs, such as Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), 500-1000mg, or spices, such as ginger (one or two 500mg capsules) or turmeric (400-600mg) or curcumin (1000mg on an emtpy stomach).
- Curcumin structure-function, bioavailability, and efficacy in models of neuroinflammation and Alzheimer's disease
- Curcumin suppresses soluble tau dimers and corrects molecular chaperone, synaptic, and behavioral deficits in aged human tau transgenic mice
- Withania somnifera reverses Alzheimer's disease pathology by enhancing low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein in liver
- Improving and Retaining Memory Function Feb 15, 2015