Itinerary & RSVP for our Bay Area Meet-up

Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Itinerary & RSVP for our Bay Area Meet-up

Post by Tincup »

Julie, like Stavia, my wife & I are in for whatever the group does. Count us in!
Tincup
E3,E4
ABrain4Me
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by ABrain4Me »

[quote="Juliegee"
So happy you'll be there aB4Me :D The RSVP here is primarily so that I can let ALL of the venues know how many to expect. If The Buck requires a seperate RSVP, I'd probably do that as well.

As a local, I'd appreciate your thoughts on meals/restaurants from above. Thanks![/quote]

For a dinner after Gladstone, I would suggest the Ferry Building in SF (restaurants around Fisherman's Wharf are too touristy). Slanted Door is a good one--- family style vietnamese food with high quality ingredients. Ferry Building has lots of local food shops and restaurants. We would definitely need reservation at Slanted Door.
SarahAnne
Contributor
Contributor

Post by SarahAnne »

Unfortunately I couldn't make a two-day trip work, so I will only be able to attend events on 5/27. My dad and I will attend at the Buck, and only I will attend the Dr. Krauss meeting and the dinner in Berkeley. Then I head off to the Oakland airport. Thanks again for coordinating!
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I'm so happy you can make at least our first day, SarahAnne! All who can't be there will most definitely be with us in spirit. The Buck event will be professionally videotaped. I'll try to get the rest filmed as well. Of course, we'll link that to the site.

I'll add the Mission Heirloom Garden Cafe to the itinerary on day one following our meeting with Dr. Krauss. That sounds like an experience in and of itself; PERFECT for the multi-dietary needs of our group.

AB4Me, thanks for the SFO insider's tip. Slanted Door sounds like an interesting choice- super clean locally sourced Vietnamese. Think they'd have any problems letting us trade in our rice or noodles for extra veggies? Please chime in if you want me to add that following our visit to Gladstone.

I'm really getting excited; mostly to spend time with all who can attend :D
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

The Vietnamese restaurant is fine with us.
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

Vietnamese sounds great.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

I'll go where everyone else wants
rep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rep »

Rep here. Again, please plan on me and my husband attending everything! Please make reservations for us for all activities. Thank you.
karelena
Contributor
Contributor

Post by karelena »

My husband Andy and I will be at all the events, except for the 28th after 3 or 4 pm. We have to be at the Oakland airport for a 545 departure. Thank you so much for all the planning! Looking forward to meeting everyone who is coming!
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

My wife & I are in for Vietnamese & everything else. Looking forward to it!
Tincup
E3,E4