The Dynamic Brain Conference in LA this Summer

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Re: The Dynamic Brain Conference in LA this Summer

Post by Julie G »

Welcome, Gigi! I'm so glad that you're trying to make this conference. The schedule looks amazing. I think I booked a single room (one bed) but will check. I see lots of nearby (Uber-able) hotels as a back-up. I would get on the Marriott's cancellation list and check with the front desk or concierge to see what nearby hotel they recommend. Also, check with the IFM. Sometimes for conferences like this, they have spillover deals on nearby hotels. I'm C.I.R.S. positive too and also struggling to address the moving parts. We welcome your contributions and also look forward to seeing you in San Diego.
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

Julee,
Thanks for clarifying about the pre meeting get together @ 4pm in the lobby. Darn my flight doesn't get in till 4:30 so looks like I won't make that. So I'll look for you at the reception. Excited to meet everyone. I'm staying at the Ritz!
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D
LG1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by LG1 »

Bettylacy wrote:Julee,
Thanks for clarifying about the pre meeting get together @ 4pm in the lobby. Darn my flight doesn't get in till 4:30 so looks like I won't make that. So I'll look for you at the reception. Excited to meet everyone. I'm staying at the Ritz!
No fair ;) You may have to ask us over for drinks! :mrgreen:

I'm kidding, will be great to meet you and everyone attending.
ε4/ε4
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

LG1 wrote:
Bettylacy wrote:Julee,
No fair ;) You may have to ask us over for drinks! :mrgreen:

I'm kidding, will be great to meet you and everyone attending.
I's love to have everyone over...I'm not kidding. I've never stayed at the Ritz but my friend insisted. Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the group. There is a lot to talk about and my husband and friends are getting a bit worn out by my APOE4 diatribe. :roll:
APOe 3/4; If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far go together. African proverb. :D
Gigi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gigi »

Hi Guys,

I will be attending both conferences this summer (The Dynamic Brain and the Low Carb) and am very much looking forward to connecting with the group. For the LA conference, are you planning any dinners or times to meet up? I'm not sure if I'll be there early enough on Wednesday to meet at 4 before the opening reception.

I did find a roommate, Wednesday night we will be in another hotel, and the rest of the time at the Marriott. So all good.
Tell me the best way to find you all.

Thanks!
Gigi
4/4
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

I'm so happy that you sorted that out! What a hassle to have to be in a different hotel for one night, butI'm thrilled that you can stay at the Marriott for the rest. I mentioned meeting in the lobby at 4PM before the opening reception, but so far no one can make it. Everyone is arriving last minute. Our current plan is to try to find one another at the reception. I plan to send out a group PM soon so that we can all exchange cell numbers to ease that process. We can also plan to have dinners together, etc. I'm really looking forward to it!
Bettylacy
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Bettylacy »

Good Julie. Excited to see everyone. Look forward to receiving the PM and getting everyones' cell phones and setting aside some times to get together.
buck3Maureen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by buck3Maureen »

Hi All,
I am so looking forward to this. Speaking of having dinners together. Does anyone know if there will be brain healthy food available. Are some of us planning to bring or prepare our own stuff??
Maureen
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

Maureen, I was going through some of the pre-conference emails from IFM and found this link with restaurant suggestions for dinner. I also found the Yard House nearby that looks like a fun, casual option with some promising salads. (I always make substitutions ;).) I noticed that there are a few lunches being offered by various sponsors at the conference. FWIW, whenever I travel to things like this, I bring a few cans of Wild Planet salmon, avocados, and nuts in my suitcase just for backup to have in my room. I can usually find local veggies. I'm wide open to other options for dinner if anyone is familiar with the area.
LG1
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by LG1 »

What a pain in the butt our group will be at any restaurant, can you imagine? Depending on my mood I can either just go with the flow or quiz the waiter about what oils they use and where they source their proteins etc..

Should be fun, lol.
ε4/ε4