Neuroplasticity, Neuroregeneration, and Brain Repair Conference

Julie G
Mod
Mod

Neuroplasticity, Neuroregeneration, and Brain Repair Conference

Post by Julie G »

Another terrific upcoming conference: Neuroplasticity, Neuroregeneration, and Brain Repair, June 13th-14th, hosted by Eli Lilly & the New York Academy of Sciences. This almost immediately follows our conference in LA. I'm so tempted, but my husband may protest my growing travel expenses :oops:. Please let me know if anyone can attend. I'll share our EIN number to get you a discount on registration. I'm thinking about it. This look really good.
Strategies to stimulate neuroregeneration and neurorestoration hold promise to vastly improve the treatment of a range of neurological diseases and injuries, including Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), spinal cord injury, and multiple sclerosis (MS). While progress has been made in understanding the cellular mechanisms of these processes, more research is needed in order to translate this knowledge into more effective treatments that restore function to the central nervous system.

This 2-day convening will bring together leading researchers, clinicians, industry, and governmental stakeholders from around the world to explore neuroregenerative processes and identify strategies for translating knowledge into treatments for neurodegenerative diseases and nervous system injuries. Plenary sessions will be designed to present emerging basic and clinical research in the following areas: neurodegenerative disease-modifying therapies that slow progression; mechanisms of neuroplasticity, including the role of dendritic spines, axonal growth, synaptic plasticity, inflammation, oxidative stress, mitochondrial function, and autophagy; glial function in the central nervous system; cutting-edge strategies to promote and modify neurogenesis; and biomarker and imaging modalities for neuroregeneration. The conference will conclude with an interactive panel discussion exploring future directions, critical open questions, and promising therapies in the field of neuroregeneration and neurorestoration.
GOLDTHREAD
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Neuroplasticity, Neuroregeneration, and Brain Repair Conference

Post by GOLDTHREAD »

Julie,
I meant to mention to you that I'm attending this conference! Are you coming to NYC? [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk