Seeking interview participants

afriedman
New User
New User

Seeking interview participants

Post by afriedman »

I am a sociologist working with a colleague on a research project on direct-to-consumer genetic health testing. We are seeking about 10 more people to interview. Please see the below for details and reach out to me privately if you are interested in learning more. Thank you in advance for considering.

Have you taken the 23&Me Health & Ancestry Test, to learn more about your health, traits & ancestry?

Call for participation in a study conducted by the University of Delaware’s Department of Sociology & Criminal Justice and the Center for Drug and Health Studies (CDHS)

Voluntary genetic testing is popular in society today, informing people about their DNA and what it tells them about their genetic ancestry or risk of different health outcomes. Yet there is little information on how the results impact people’s lives.

If you have taken 23&Me’s Health & Ancestry Test, we invite you to participate in our interview study to share with us what you have learned from your DNA test and how your DNA results have impacted your life. This study is confidential and voluntary. The interview (either in person or online, depending on location) will last approximately 60-90 minutes. As compensation for your participation, you will receive a $30 gift card.

We are grateful for your willingness to participate. Please contact Dr. Asia Friedman, University of Delaware, at 302-831-7581 or by email at asiaf@udel.edu
CoachMT
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Seeking interview participants

Post by CoachMT »

afriedman wrote:I am a sociologist working with a colleague on a research project on direct-to-consumer genetic health testing. We are seeking about 10 more people to interview. Please see the below for details and reach out to me privately if you are interested in learning more. Thank you in advance for considering.

Have you taken the 23&Me Health & Ancestry Test, to learn more about your health, traits & ancestry?

Call for participation in a study conducted by the University of Delaware’s Department of Sociology & Criminal Justice and the Center for Drug and Health Studies (CDHS)

Voluntary genetic testing is popular in society today, informing people about their DNA and what it tells them about their genetic ancestry or risk of different health outcomes. Yet there is little information on how the results impact people’s lives.

If you have taken 23&Me’s Health & Ancestry Test, we invite you to participate in our interview study to share with us what you have learned from your DNA test and how your DNA results have impacted your life. This study is confidential and voluntary. The interview (either in person or online, depending on location) will last approximately 60-90 minutes. As compensation for your participation, you will receive a $30 gift card.

We are grateful for your willingness to participate. Please contact Dr. Asia Friedman, University of Delaware, at 302-831-7581 or by email at asiaf@udel.edu
Welcome to the Apoe4.info community afriedman. It sounds like you and your colleagues are conducting interesting research. Best of luck in your search for interviewees from the site.

Please feel free to explore the site. If you haven’t checked it out already, the primer is a great starting place to learn about the resources available on the ApoE4.info site. Additionally, you may also be interested in checking out Our Stories to learn about fellow community members who are embarking on this journey and to share your own story, too! Welcome and don’t hesitate to reach out with questions. Best, Mandy
-Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline (FMCA)
-Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC)
-National Board Certified- Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)