Stavia's High Saturated Fat experiment

Insights and discussion from the cutting edge with reference to journal articles and other research papers.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: RE: Re: Stavia's High Saturated Fat experiment

Post by Stavia »

circular wrote:Temporary name change circular to clueless ... Stavia how high is your LDL? Why are you trying to lower it? What about the notion that maybe e4s need more cholesterol due to transport issues (assuming it's not oxidized, small particle dreck ... hey just learned that's a Yiddish word)? Interested in your thoughts on it ... TIA!
Its just for fun. I promised Dave Feldman I'd get him data for an e4/4 on his protocol.
My LDL is normally about 130. It went up to 180ish morning of day 4 of a 5 day fast. Morning day 6 was identical thus I do have a 3 day LDL cycle as per Dave's writing.
I want to see how labile it is the other way.

If it's true for a 4/4, then members who want to get their docs off their back about TC should just spike their calories and fat calories 3 days before a test.

Breakfast: 2 ounces macadamia nuts and 4 ounces bone marrow....eggs on the boil....dogs waiting for the whites ..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
MarcR
Mod
Mod

Post by MarcR »

Stavia wrote:Breakfast: 2 ounces macadamia nuts and 4 ounces bone marrow....eggs on the boil....dogs waiting for the whites ...
Yum!
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Stavia's High Saturated Fat experiment

Post by SusanJ »

Stavia, you are more than a trooper. You must have a stomach of iron because I'd be way more than nauseous...
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

Day 3 (or day 2 doing it properly). 3000 calories. 300 grams fat. Feeling less nauseous. Will draw blood tomorrow morning and do just one more day to make sure. Ketones 0.4.
As Julie said - I get better ketone levels with my usual diet.

Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

cron o meter today Image

apod
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by apod »

Raw caribou bone marrow... that's pretty hardcore. :shock: Very curious to see how all this data compares and what you're able to learn from it.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

apod wrote:Raw caribou bone marrow... that's pretty hardcore. :shock: Very curious to see how all this data compares and what you're able to learn from it.
ha!! I'm not that hardcore - wasnt raw caribou, was normal beef shinbone marrow cut into sections and cooked in soup. was the only marrow on cronometer I could find lol.

circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

Is that an Intant Pot soup recipe you can share? I'm not big on bone marrow by itself but may be able to do it in soup occassionkly. Hope you enjoy the IP!
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
GemmaJ
Contributor
Contributor

Post by GemmaJ »

Well done Stavia!

The nausea is hard to handle so I really admire your valiance. Over the Summer, I was desperately trying to gain weight and managed it by making smoothies and shakes with Grace's coconut milk (Amazon!) which is high in saturated fat. In two months I put on 6kgs - I reckon I was drinking 1/2 - 2/3s litre of the stuff a day and I permanently felt slightly sick! It did the trick though and is actually delicious stuff - I still make porridge with it in the mornings. Haven't had any bloods taken since beginning of July but am going this week so it'll be interesting to see any differences.

Not long to go for you now. Amazing effort 8-)
Russ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Russ »

Stavia wrote:
apod wrote:Raw caribou bone marrow... that's pretty hardcore. :shock: Very curious to see how all this data compares and what you're able to learn from it.
ha!! I'm not that hardcore - wasnt raw caribou, was normal beef shinbone marrow cut into sections and cooked in soup. was the only marrow on cronometer I could find lol.

...and here I was getting jealous ;-). Now I'm just intrigued by who uploaded that info into the cronometer! Of course, we love the broth, but for going hardcore, also awesome to bake/broil "canoe" cut bones in the oven with a bit of butter and herb seasoning of your choice.
Russ
E3/4
Eat whole, real, flavorful food - fresh and in season... and mix it up once in a while.