You Know You're Geriatric When...

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
WhatNext
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

You Know You're Geriatric When...

Post by WhatNext »

...you go in for a medical procedure and one of the questions they ask you is "Do you still have all of your teeth?"

This isn't AD-related, but I wanted to follow up on a previous post in which I said my GP had agreed to write a prescription for a Cologuard test. I took the test and got a "Positive" result. He told me not to lose any sleep over it but of course I had to have a colonoscopy. So I went in for a colonoscopy (before which the anesthetist asked the above question) and the gastroenterologist found nothing: it was a false positive. Apparently this is fairly common for Cologuard. However, because I did get a positive result on the test, the gastroenterologist thinks I should have another colonoscopy in 5 years rather than waiting the usual 10. So not only did I fail to avoid a colonoscopy by taking the Cologuard test, I'll have to have another sooner than if I'd skipped the test. Needless to say I do NOT recommend Cologuard. :roll: (Your results may vary.)