New Support Team Intern

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
fxmedcoach
Contributor
Contributor

New Support Team Intern

Post by fxmedcoach »

Hi my name is Deborrah (Deb for short is good). I'm a National Board Certified (2018), Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (2017), and Registered Nurse for ~15 years. I'm super excited to be joining the ApoE4 community to support and encourage you in your health journey. More often than not our healthcare system focuses on what's wrong with us and it seems that we get stuck in the diagnosis-treatment-symptom (DTS) cycle without any resolution. Having worked most of my nursing career in the ER I saw so many patients stuck in this cycle. Unfortunately, when we are given a diagnosis it starts to define us. I hope to be able to help you step away from your diagnosis, focus on what's right and make lifestyle changes that can break this "DTS cycle" and bring about health restoration. Being your own health advocate is an important part of the process and journey. No two health journeys are the same, because we are each "fearfully and wonderfully made," meaning we are set apart and unique.

My grandfather passed away from Alzheimer's, and I've been working with a client who is ApoE4/4. I'll be moving to the UK before the end of the year, and recently learned dementia is the #1 cause of death in the UK. I pre-ordered Dr. Bredesen's book to support my client who has ApoE4/4, and am currently in a beta course based on his RECODE protocol.

I look forward to learning from everyone while doing my best to encourage, and empower you through this unique form.
Deborrah Cisneros
RN, FMCHC, NBC-HC, CGP
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: New Support Team Intern

Post by TheresaB »

Deb,

From your intro, it sounds as if you're a wonderful addition. Welcome.
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
Lucy5
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lucy5 »

Deb, with your background as an RN in addition to your Functional Med training, I’m sure you’ll be an asset to our community. I believe your observation below is so on-point:
Unfortunately, when we are given a diagnosis it starts to define us. I hope to be able to help you step away from your diagnosis, focus on what's right and make lifestyle changes that can break this "DTS cycle" and bring about health restoration.
Great to have you here with us!
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

Welcome Deb!
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
JML
Support Team
Support Team

Post by JML »

Welcome Deb! I look forward to your contributions as an intern.
Julie
Daughter of 4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach
ReCODE 2.0 Certified Health Coach
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

Welcome Deb! Nice to see you here!

Magda