New Support Team Intern

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
CoachJD
Contributor
Contributor

New Support Team Intern

Post by CoachJD »

Hello! My name is Joan Dickason, and I'm a Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach and a National Board Certified-Health and Wellness Coach. I am honored to be a new intern with the ApoE4 community. I'm hear to listen, learn and support all members in any way that helps inspire and inform you on your wellness journey. Four years ago my friend's mother took me to a luncheon featuring a speaker from the Roskamp Institute in Sarasota, who shared with the audience the latest research on Alzheimer's treatments. I left dismayed at the lack of positive medical interventions, and curious why there was no conversation about lifestyle modifications. This tuned my antennae to the latest news and research on ways that diet and nutritional support, coupled with movement and mindfulness might influence the outcomes of those at risk for cognitive decline. I ordered Dr. Dale Bredesen's book before it was published, and read it the first week after it was delivered. Just a few months later, my friend's mother, the one who took me to the luncheon, started to show signs of short term memory loss. I felt blessed that I could share a message of hope with her family, and I hope I can share that same message with many more families during my internship and in my practice. I am now training as a coach in the Bredesen protocol with the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy, and am joining a Functional Medicine physician's practice to work with his patients and their families.
Joan Dickason, FMCHC
National Board Certified- Health and Wellness Coach
Reversing Cognitive Decline For Coaches, CertificationPending Fall 2018
"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional " Haruki Muraka
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Re: New Support Team Intern

Post by TheresaB »

Welcome aboard CoachJD
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

Welcome Joan!
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

CoachJD wrote:Hello! My name is Joan Dickason, and I'm a Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach and a National Board Certified-Health and Wellness Coach. I am honored to be a new intern with the ApoE4 community. I'm hear to listen, learn and support all members in any way that helps inspire and inform you on your wellness journey. Four years ago my friend's mother took me to a luncheon featuring a speaker from the Roskamp Institute in Sarasota, who shared with the audience the latest research on Alzheimer's treatments. I left dismayed at the lack of positive medical interventions, and curious why there was no conversation about lifestyle modifications. This tuned my antennae to the latest news and research on ways that diet and nutritional support, coupled with movement and mindfulness might influence the outcomes of those at risk for cognitive decline. I ordered Dr. Dale Bredesen's book before it was published, and read it the first week after it was delivered. Just a few months later, my friend's mother, the one who took me to the luncheon, started to show signs of short term memory loss. I felt blessed that I could share a message of hope with her family, and I hope I can share that same message with many more families during my internship and in my practice. I am now training as a coach in the Bredesen protocol with the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy, and am joining a Functional Medicine physician's practice to work with his patients and their families.

Welcome Joan!
Where in NJ are you?

Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
NF52
Support Team
Support Team

Post by NF52 »

Welcome, Joan! You and I will be “buddies” on Sundays. Your extensive training and diverse experience,and that of the other interns, will be of great benefit.
4/4 and still an optimist!
CoachJD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachJD »

Thanks! Happy to be here.
Joan Dickason, FMCHC
CoachJD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachJD »

Magda wrote:
CoachJD wrote:Hello! My name is Joan Dickason, and I'm a Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach and a National Board Certified-Health and Wellness Coach. I am honored to be a new intern with the ApoE4 community. I'm hear to listen, learn and support all members in any way that helps inspire and inform you on your wellness journey. Four years ago my friend's mother took me to a luncheon featuring a speaker from the Roskamp Institute in Sarasota, who shared with the audience the latest research on Alzheimer's treatments. I left dismayed at the lack of positive medical interventions, and curious why there was no conversation about lifestyle modifications. This tuned my antennae to the latest news and research on ways that diet and nutritional support, coupled with movement and mindfulness might influence the outcomes of those at risk for cognitive decline. I ordered Dr. Dale Bredesen's book before it was published, and read it the first week after it was delivered. Just a few months later, my friend's mother, the one who took me to the luncheon, started to show signs of short term memory loss. I felt blessed that I could share a message of hope with her family, and I hope I can share that same message with many more families during my internship and in my practice. I am now training as a coach in the Bredesen protocol with the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy, and am joining a Functional Medicine physician's practice to work with his patients and their families.

Welcome Joan!
Where in NJ are you?

Magda
Hello! I'm in South Plainfield. How about you?
Joan Dickason, FMCHC
Magda
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Magda »

CoachJD wrote:
Magda wrote:

Welcome Joan!
Where in NJ are you?

Magda
Hello! I'm in South Plainfield. How about you?
I am not too far from you, I am in Brooklyn, NY:)
Welcome to the group!

Magda
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach & MS Clinical Nutrition Student
IFM/Bredesen Trained, Reversing Cognitive Decline
floramaria
Support Team
Support Team

Post by floramaria »

Welcome, Joan!
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
IFM/ Bredesen Training in Reversing Cognitive Decline (March 2017)
ReCODE 2.0 Health Coach with Apollo Health
CoachDD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CoachDD »

Hi Joan!! Hope you are well!!

Welcome to ApoE4 - would love to chat at some point. . . take care and hope to connect soon!
Learning to Live (3/4)
Certified Health and Wellness Coach ~ Functional Medicine Coaching Academy