Has anyone used HGH? There are studies showing it works for MCI

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Mark H
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone used HGH? There are studies showing it works for MCI

Post by Mark H »

Part of my motivation to be here and help is I had a very steep cognitive decline that took place over the last 4 years. It peaked last winter. I had not heard of the Bredesen Protocol, but I had read studies on HGH and I knew someone who was not afraid to prescribe it. During the 6 months that I used it, my wife said she noticed an improvement not just slight, but very noticeable. I was also on a functional medicine protocol that I had designed, but it is not nearly as comprehensive as Recode and this is why I am interested in Recode. Recode will eventually be found to solve more than AD or MCI IMO, it is the most comprehensive system I have found to date. Now back to my question has anyone here experimented with HGH or any of its precursors? I know in the US it's tricky to get a prescription and most doctors will not do it.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Has anyone used HGH? There are studies showing it works for MCI

Post by mike »

Mark H wrote:Now back to my question has anyone here experimented with HGH or any of its precursors? I know in the US it's tricky to get a prescription and most doctors will not do it.
I was curious, and looked up Human Growth Hormone and found the following. Sounds like there are some negatives in regards to AD, but if you are having success, I don't know if I would stop...

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... t-20045735
Sonoma Mike
4/4
Mark H
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mark H »

I have seen an uncanny fear of HGH in US medical circles, most of it unwarranted I believe. Most side effects are experienced at dosages for above what is needed for MCI treatment. I would like to see what it does to beta-amyloid plaques. Also, Collagen and HGH = strong ATP production, not a bad thing at all and it improves not only mental capacity and outlook but physical ability. I do have to admit that the recode program appears almost risk-free and has outstanding results when combined with a healthy diet. I would for sure go recode first if I had a fear of HGH. That is why we are studying it to make it available to more people.
mike
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by mike »

Mark H wrote:I would for sure go recode first if I had a fear of HGH. That is why we are studying it to make it available to more people.
You can't do both?
Sonoma Mike
4/4
Mark H
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mark H »

Yes, of course, I think Recode works better if you do both.
aphorist
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by aphorist »

Do recode. Go get intermittent hyperbaric treatment. You'll produce HGH naturally, sleep better, and produce stem cells for body repair.
TheresaB
Mod
Mod

Post by TheresaB »

I personally would be very leery of taking HGH in supplement form, but I do an annual multi-day fast, for which one of the reasons is to increase HGH which in turn helps reduce visceral fat, TNFalpha, and IL-6.
From this article Fasting and growth hormone by Dr Jason Fung who is a notable fasting expert:
fasting has the potential to unleash the anti-aging properties of HGH without any of the problems of excessive HGH
-Theresa
ApoE 4/4
ChipW
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ChipW »

I have taken it in a past life for performane enhancement. I took 4iu daily or 5 days a week depending. If i took it in the morning i was sleepy all day. If taken at night i slept great. It sometimes gave me achy joints. I lost a lot of fat over a years time. Leanest ive ever been. I didnt notice any cognitive improvement, in fact i might say the opposite due to the drowsyness but i wasnt looking for that in particular in those days. I could train like a madman and heal up quick to do it again the next day. Its sometimes taken to lessen the effect of head trauma by combat athletes. I would be worried about the igf-1 and tor connection if i took it now though