Lab results have me feeling overwhelmed

Newcomer introductions, personal anecdotes, caregiver issues, lab results, and n=1 experimentation.
Jnanney44
Contributor
Contributor

Lab results have me feeling overwhelmed

Post by Jnanney44 »

Hi everyone!

Although it was quite an expense for me, I ended up getting several functional medicine labs done, and just got my results back. These include the Organic Acids Test, Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis, Thyroid/Adrenal/Hormone Panel, Food Sensitivity, and Omega 3/6.

I had a 1-hour call with a health coach to go over my results, but it wasn't nearly enough time to go over everything. My biggest concerns from my tests are addressing candida/gut dysbiosis, poor nutrient absorption, and my super low sex hormones

I consider myself extremely health conscious, so these results were definitely disheartening. I'm a 27-year-old female who follows a keto flex style diet, focusing on tons of veggies, berries, monounsaturated fats, and starchy carb refeeds when I'm more active. I’m 5’5” and 120 pounds.
I'm 2 months late on my period (not pregnant) and have a non-existent sex drive :(

I'm curious if anyone has any advice or could recommend a good doctor for helping me interpret the results into something actionable. I really appreciate any help!

I've attached my Thyroid/Adrenal/Hormone and HTMA results for your reference!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
APOe4/4
MTHFR C677T Homozygous
slacker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Lab results have me feeling overwhelmed

Post by slacker »

Jnanney44 wrote:Hi everyone!

Although it was quite an expense for me, I ended up getting several functional medicine labs done, and just got my results back. These include the Organic Acids Test, Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis, Thyroid/Adrenal/Hormone Panel, Food Sensitivity, and Omega 3/6.

I'm curious if anyone has any advice or could recommend a good doctor for helping me interpret the results into something actionable. I really appreciate any help!
Hi Jn;

That's a lot of information to digest. You have an excellent A1C and Vit D levels! Understanding that it's water under the bridge, how did you decide on these tests? And how did you connect with the health coach?

The best advice I can give to find a doctor to help interpret the results and further evaluate the abnormals is to look at our "How to find a Healthcare Practitioner" wiki chapter. If possible, try to find out if the practitioner has experience working with people of your age group and your top concerns. Some practitioners will offer an initial consult to determine compatibility; I would ask for it if not offered. Better to waste one session and move on than to get more involved with someone without much experience in the areas in which you are most interested. These are complicated matters that can be expensive to understand and turn around.
Slacker
E4/E4
Jnanney44
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Lab results have me feeling overwhelmed

Post by Jnanney44 »

Thank you for your input! I’ll definitley check out that practioner link. I ordered these tests as a package here: https://equilibriumnutrition.com/produc ... 0418.2d56d

The guy who runs the company has a podcast I’ve followed for quite a long time, called The Cabral Concept. The labs come with a 1 hour consult/recommendations from one of his personal health coaches, but most of their recommendations were things I’ve been doing for quite a while now.

They did recommend following their candida and bacterial overgrowth protocol, but I need to research it more! Sounds like people have had success with it. Here’s the link for that if anyone is interested: https://equilibriumnutrition.com/produc ... 0418.2d56d
APOe4/4
MTHFR C677T Homozygous