Bittersweet family milestones...

Fellowship for kindred spirits.
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Bittersweet family milestones...

Post by Julie G »

...shall keep me away from the site for the next week. Today, we're in the midst of an enormous family reunion, with the main purpose of saying good-bye to my beloved 3/4 uncle with Parkinson's and metastacized bladder cancer. It's so wonderful to see everyone all together, yet heartbreaking to know our days are numbered with him. My house is full of laughter and tears...

Then we head out to Tennessee for a few days to help our son with a career change. He has one more semester left before he completes his BS in audio engineering...when he suddenly decides that he'd like to pursue a career in aviation- HUH? Headspinning. His Dad is thrilled. We're off to scout out flight schools, etc. I guess we're officially very poor now- flight school is brutally expensive :roll:

The day we get back, we're moving my beloved 97 y/o grandmother to an Alzheimer's care facility. We've delayed as long as we possibly could. Getting to this point has been heart wrenching. I'm intermittently weepy and at peace with the decision. Getting her ready has been akin to packing off a kid to college :shock: I plan to spend as much time with her there as possible -especially at the beginning- so she won't be afraid. The good news is that the AD uncle I care for is in the same Brookdale facility. Visiting them both shall be easier...

I'm in between events and wanted to give you, my other family, a quick farewell wave until my life calms down. Hugs ❤️
SusanJ
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Bittersweet family milestones...

Post by SusanJ »

Hugs and remember to take care of yourself in the midst of all of this!
J11
Contributor
Contributor

Post by J11 »

I have been closely following the 3-Bromopyruvate treatment for cancer over the last year. It appears that it is starting to gain some attention.
3-Bromopyruvate is believed to selectively inhibit cellular respiration in cancer cells. There have been some dramatic responses.
Several clinics are now offering this treatment including one in Atlanta and one in Arizona.

It would be well worth a look if no other options appear available.
Best Wishes in a difficult time.

http://www.cancercompass.com/message-bo ... 01,183.htm
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by circular »

(((Jewel)))
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.
Starfish77
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Starfish77 »

You have done and are doing such a good job helping your family. It is nice that your family is coming together at this difficult time. I'm sending more hugs your way.
I got a smile out of your husband's enthusiasm for your son's career change. I hope your son finds a career that is a good fit for him.
Stavia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Stavia »

(((Sister)))
Gilgamesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gilgamesh »

Best wishes and love, my friend! And good luck to your son! I know a lot of pilots: they all love their job, even those working for Spirit and Ryanair. "What do you do for a living?" "I speed through the heavens ferrying hundreds of people safely across vast distances, and on my breaks explore new cities or a different corner of an old, familiar city, and I take my family on vacations for free a few times a year."
marthaNH
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marthaNH »

God bless you. We are negotiating the same kind of territory here, not as sad. Will be thinking of you.
Silverlining
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Post by Silverlining »

Brings me to tears Julie. Like Susan said, please take care of you throughout this time. Lots of love!
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

(((Julie)))
Tincup
E3,E4