Coconut Oil

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Tiramisu1984
Contributor
Contributor

Coconut Oil

Post by Tiramisu1984 »

Folks, what brand of coconut oil do you take? Time to re-order and I thought I would query the collective brain trust!

Thanks, Tiramisu
hill dweller
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Coconut Oil

Post by hill dweller »

Previously, Costco carried Nutiva brand at a very good price. My local Costco has now switched to a Kirkland Signature brand, at about the same price but in two smaller containers. IMO the important factor is organic, virgin, cold-pressed -- in order to get the full MCT suite: all three of the capyrlic acids plus lauric acid -- processed brands may filter out the lauric acid, for use in industrial applications.

If you don't have access to Costco, I have found (sometimes) good prices on Thrivemarket.com. A year's membership is $60, but they offer a free month to new members, plus an introductory discount and free shipping over $49. If you live in a food desert, Thrivemarket makes sense. Some of their prices on supplements are also competitive.
Tiramisu1984
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Coconut Oil

Post by Tiramisu1984 »

Thanks Hill Dweller! My Costco doesn't carry but I will make sure the selected brand has lauric aid. Do you find a benefit?