Could you help me? ketogenic Vegan diet, how to do it? Some tips...

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Re: Could you help me? ketogenic Vegan diet, how to do it? Some tips...

Post by Tincup »

facu0001 wrote:I am planing to travel to California with my father, do you know any physician who uses the MEND protocol?
Facundo
Send a message to JulieGee she would be the one who can give you that info.
Tincup
E3,E4
facu0001
Contributor
Contributor

Post by facu0001 »

Thank you very much for your answer GeorgeN and GenePoole. :D Sorry I have to bother you again. If you do not mind…. yout might have a link with the answer or know by heart.

1. What is the best time to measure ketones in urine? Any time?

2. Is important to have the lab test done for leaky gout (gout permeability) and for gluten sensitivities? Are other tests more importants than these two for Alzheimer that are kind of mandatory to do?

3. Probiotics how important are for the treatment of Alzheimer?

Thank you very much once more!!! I really really appreciated. ;)

Facundo
Tincup
Mod
Mod

Post by Tincup »

facu0001 wrote:1. What is the best time to measure ketones in urine? Any time?
Understanding the relationship of the various ketones is important. This graph is from the Ketonix (breath acetone measurement device) https://prezi.com/fyszdxhi2x4_/breath-v ... edium=copy
Screen Shot 2016-06-10 at 8.56.05 AM.png
In urine, you are measuring acetoacetate. In the case of urine, this is "excess" acetoacetate. When a person "keto adapts," they get more efficient at conserving acetoacetate and it gets converted to beta hydroxybuterate. So a positive urine test means you are making ketones, a negative test could mean you aren't or there is no excess.

This graph Image shows the relationship between glucose, breath and serum ketones. More of this in the ketone thread here: https://www.apoe4.info/forums/download/ ... &mode=view
facu0001 wrote:2. Is important to have the lab test done for leaky gout (gout permeability) and for gluten sensitivities? Are other tests more importants than these two for Alzheimer that are kind of mandatory to do?
If it were me, I'd just assume these were issues and adopt Gundry's diet https://www.apoe4.info/forums/download/file.php?id=760. It will take care of many of these issues, if they are a problem. This will also "feed" the gut biome appropriately. Gundry has mentioned that some of the tests don't pick up a problem unless it is extreme. In his case, he uses the inflammatory metrics, such as TNF-alpha, interleukin 6 & 17a. Since reduced inflammation is a goal, this seems appropriate to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tincup
E3,E4
facu0001
Contributor
Contributor

Post by facu0001 »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH George!!! :D