Life Extension Direct to Consumer Blood Tests on Sale

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
circular
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Life Extension Direct to Consumer Blood Tests on Sale

Post by circular »

Life Extension is having their annual blood test sale. For those who are interested in the labs LE offers that they can't get covered through insurance (probably US only?), I've found this to be a good route. I have no connection with them, and I'm no expert on which tests are best for which purposes. For example while most of these are serum tests, the results may not reflect tissue or brain levels, or physiological activity, which may be more important. Many will also probably fluctuate quite a bit, so one reading may not tell your whole story while repeat readings may cost more over time but be more reliable. Some are plasma whereas RBC values might be clinically more meaningful, but more expensive ... yada yada, but I do find them to be a helpful resource.

When you order a test they will email the requisition shortly thereafter. You take that to LabCorp (not sure if other labs work too?), get the blood drawn, and get an email with results. They were exceedingly patient with me last year when I changed my placed order twice before finally stepping away and letting it run (trying to get, theoretically, the most valuable info for the least amount of money).
ApoE 3/4 > Thanks in advance for any responses made to my posts.