Recommendation PLEASE!

Alzheimer's, cardiovascular, and other chronic diseases; biomarkers, lifestyle, supplements, drugs, and health care.
tlovesa
Contributor
Contributor

Recommendation PLEASE!

Post by tlovesa »

Can someone please recommend a Bredesen trained practioner in Houston or Austin? There aren't any reviews on the Practitioner Reviews forum for anyone in these cities. Thanks!!!!
Catania1
New User
New User

Re: Recommendation PLEASE!

Post by Catania1 »

I’m working with Dr Sharon Hausman-Cohen and Dr Anne Stefani at Resilient Health in Austin. They came up on my ReCODE report search just last week (had my appt last week too), but they’re not coming up on my ReCODE account doc search as of today—not sure why. Check out the Resilient Health website though. And Dr. Hausman-Cohen has a talk on YouTube that details her practice. Hope that helps!
CarrieS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by CarrieS »

Welcome tlovesa and Catanial. I love how you both jumped right in asking and answering questions. If you find a provider that you’d recommend, please add it to the Practioner Review page for future reference. Helping each other out is what makes this community a strong resource.
APOe4/4
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach
Certificate for Reversing Cognitive Decline for Coaches (FMCA)
Certified Fermentationist
tlovesa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tlovesa »

Thank you Catania1! I will check Resilient Health this morning and also watch the YouTube talk! After going to see my OB yesterday for HRT and telling him about my recent discovery of my 4/4 status I left and cried the entire way home and for several hours after. His response was entirely unsympathetic. He actually said "that's why people shouldn't look at that stuff", referring to 23&me. He refused to even draw my hormone levels stating that they mean nothing because they fluctuate. I am in menopause! Four years ago my FSH was 34! I wish my hormones were still fluctuating. I left with my prescriptions for HRT along with a mixed feeling of sadness and anger. I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow and have a feeling I will get the same response. I am convinced I need to find a practitioner who wants to help me, not one who dismisses me. All that crying yesterday was definitely NOT good for reducing stress!
I also need to post on the newcomers forum.
Liko
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Liko »

Hi tlovsa and Catania1, Welcome!

tlovesa, I'm so sorry about your frustrating experience with your OB and hope you have better luck with your GP tomorrow.

Catania1, thank you for sharing this great lead on Resilient Health!

If you folks haven't found the Primer yet, I've linked it here. It's full of useful information compiled by physician member Stavia. I hope you'll continue to explore the site and share your questions and experiences with the community. Please take advantage of the Wiki, which is full of resources that have been useful for members here. To search for a specific topic, you can use the search function (magnifying glass in the upper right corner of the screen). I've found it helpful to use the advanced function to narrow things down when the first set of results comes back with too many posts.

Again, welcome to you both!
Kaliko
Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach
Julie G
Mod
Mod

Post by Julie G »

After going to see my OB yesterday for HRT and telling him about my recent discovery of my 4/4 status I left and cried the entire way home and for several hours after. His response was entirely unsympathetic. He actually said "that's why people shouldn't look at that stuff", referring to 23&me.
(((tlovesa))) Your physician was incredibly cavalier. I understand the tears and the anger. I promise living with the knowledge gets easier over time. It will eventually become your "new normal." The beginning is the worst because there's so much to absorb. Many of us were also shellshocked and devastated when we learned. That's a huge part of why we created this resource. I just wanted you to know that you're not alone. You've found your genetic family. Sending love and strength, my new sister. -xo
marthaNH
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marthaNH »

What an awful experience. I'm so sorry. I will tell you a joke my dad (also a doctor) used to tell: What do they call the guy who graduated last in his class? ------------------------ "Doctor." That's not very nice of me, but this is a special situation.
tlovesa
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tlovesa »

Thank you all for your advice and support!

Liko, I read the entire primer and Bredesen's book. Between those and this website I feel I am off to a good start!

Julie G, your kind response meant so much to me when I read it Thursday night. You are truly an inspiration to me! My new sister!

Marty NK1, I loved the joke! My husband is a doctor too and he knew the punchline as well!

On a good note my GP was amazing and understanding and ordered a great number of tests for me. I ordered the rest online. I used TrueHealth. I hope they are reputable. I am going to the newcomers forum and will introduce myself now. I am so happy to have you all on my side!